Summer Vacation

Chapter Six: Summer Vacation

{Beep beep}

A car horn beeps outside my house as I stand in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. These last few days had been slow and boring. I guess I should had been happy that no murders had taken place or been broadcasted over the news but something tore away at me and I couldn’t figure out what exactly it was that was eating away at me. School had ended, and summer vacation had finally begun but something tells me that this vacation would be one I would never forget.

“Hort! Amanda is outside!” My mom yells from down the stairs. My mother had been ecstatic about my relationship with my newly found psycho murdering beautiful girlfriend. Of course I failed to mention the part where she would kill me if I ever broke up with her, or the fact that she is responsible for all the murders on the news. I left that part out because I didn’t want anybody else dying on my behalf, but something had to be done, that much was clear.

“Coming mom!” I shouted back.

I took a big breath and headed out the bathroom. My bags sit on the top of the steps, I grabbed them as I made my way down. A duffel bag and a small carry-on were all that I needed, it fit everything I needed. I never imagined going on a two week vacation without my best friend, Charles. We were inseparable, the two of us, we got in trouble together, whatever we did, we did it as one. And now, he was gone forever and it was my fault. I should have been stronger to be able to prevent his murder from happening. My heart felt heavy knowing that he would never be able to forgive my weakness.

I stumbled down the stairs, bumping against the wall as I struggle to carry my belongings over my shoulders, why didn’t God bless me with more manly strength and size, I would never know. I dropped my goods at the door, exhausted from my trip down the stairs. I rubbed my shoulder trying to relieve some of the soreness out of it, needless to say it didn’t help much.

“Do you have protection?” My mom’s soft voice startled me. I turn swiftly around, astonished at my mother’s question.

Protection? Could she know already!

“P-protection? Mom, I think I can defend myself. Why would I need to protect myself from Amanda?” I stuttered.

“No silly, and I’m pretty sure that you could too, but I’m talking about…, you know.”

For some unknown reason my mind couldn’t wrap around what my mother was trying to hint at. I stood there with a blank and confused expression on my face, that dumb look you get when you know you should know something but for the love of God your brain blacks out on you. My father enters the room shaking his head moments later, looking disgusted.

“You’re not gay aren’t you! God forbid we have a gay son.” my father erupts.

I look from my mother over to my father then back to mother then back to father and then it hits me, like a ton of bricks falling out of the sky out of nowhere.

“No, no! No I’m not gay. Eh, mom why would I! No!” I replied, more sounds than complete sentences come out of my mouth.

My mother burst out in laughter with tears falling from her eyes while my dad mumbles something about me not being gay, parents what good are they really. For my mother’s worry and for the pride of my father, I accepted a box of condoms and swiftly tucked them away into one of my bags.

How embarrassing, good thing they don’t know we had fucked already.

I finally made it to the car, throwing my bags into the truck of Amanda’s silver Honda Civic. I moved around to the passenger side of the car, took a long deep sigh and opened the door letting myself flop into the car. Once inside and with the door shut I let myself glance over at Amanda who looks stunning, erasing any doubt I may have towards this vacation. She wears a white flower in her hair with her long blonde hair done back into a braid that hangs down her back. She rocks a yellow sundress with white flowers, the dress itself hangs nicely onto her hips. The dress stops midway down her thighs revealing her beautiful, smooth legs. I found myself eyeing her all the way from her eyes to her cleavage that nicely shows from the cut of her dress, to her legs where my eyes become mesmerized.