Chapter 6

( Darren's P.O.V.) 

We snuck into Debbie's house and knocked out her parents and hid them down in the sewer and left me to guard them. 

I knew I wasn't ready to face the Vampaneze, so I asked to stay down there and guard them. 

I was just scared. I felt something was going to go wrong, but I also knew that they would be able to handle it. 

I can't wait until this is over. 

( Steve's P.O.V.) 

I shook the thought of Debbie out of my mind and focused of the fight at hand, but the thought of her just pushed it's way back in. 

I uppercuted a Vampaneze and knocked him out cold, then stabbed a table leg into his heart. 

We were pretty stealthy and only made a little noise. 

The cover story, however, is going to take awhile. 

" Well, well, if it isn't Larten Crepsley and his little assistant," Murlough said as he entered the room. " Your blood smells delightful." 

" Why did you target them?" I asked.  

" Why do you think we did it? You are one of us, you should have our thinking process." 

" I'm not one of you and I will never be."  

" So serious." 

He paused. " My friend told me there is three of you. Shame that there's only one of you know." 

I took the table leg and threw it at him when he was in the middle of his monologue then punched him, sending him almost through the door and flitted over there. 

I put my left foot on his chest, grabbed a handful of his shirt and leaned in closer. "You're going to tell me why you targeted this family, right now." 

Murlough looked at Mr. Crepsley who was now fighting another Vampaneze. 

" Hey!"  

"You're too loud. I think I should cut out your tongue like I did that little girl that you're so close to." 

" Do you think Em could get through to this guys thoughts?" I asked Mr. Crepsley. 

" Yes. That should be possible. Her power just increased." 

I punched the lights out of him and knocked him out cold.