Chapter 19

Mr. Crepsley was sitting down on a few chairs that were in front of the platform. 

When we entered, half of the vampires looked at us and I felt Emma's heartbeat spike. 

We finally got to the front and sat down. Emma sat in the middle on Mr. Crepsley and me.  

The vampire sitting on the left chair was Arrow. He was very muscular, bold, and 500 years old. The one in the middle was Paris Skyle, the oldest vampire, age 800. He had long white hair and a medium sized white beard. The last prince, Mika Ver Leth had medium length black hair and a bandage wrapped around his head, under his hair. He must have been injured in a fight. He was the youngest prince at 200 years of age. 

" Greeting's, young ones." Paris said after we sat down. 

" Greetings, Sir's." Emma and I said at the same time. 

" Such manners," Arrow said. " Manners are quite uncommon with this generation, wouldn't you say, Larten?" 

" I agree with you." Mr. Crepsley said. 

" We were aware of your heroic actions in Chicago, young ones, and we are grateful of those actions," Paris said. " However, we want to ask why you why you stepped in." 

" It was the right thing to do, Sir," Emma told them. " They were murdering innocent people. In my views, that is a crime, and I am sure it is in your's also." 

" You are correct." 

" Let's get to the order at hand, shall we?" Mika asked, looking straight at me. " Why does your assistant have the faint smell of Vampaneze, Larten?" 

" He was once a Vampaneze, my lord." 

The vampire's that were in the room started to yell and scream at me. Things I already knew I was. 

" Silence!" Paris shouted. 

The vampires grew silent at there prince's order. 

" And you chose to make him one of us?" Mika finished. " Interesting." 

" All that matters is that he is one of us and not one of them. brother." Arrow pointed out. 

" As for your other assistant, what was the meaning of blooding him? We were told he has parents? Is that true?" 

" The parents of the boy were killed my Vampaneze." Mr. Crepsley answered. " He was shot in the jugular during one of the many attacks by them, and I blooded him." 

" What of the little girl you have brought with you?" 

" She is human." 

They then turned their attention to Emma. 

" I have been told you are an Angel, is that so?" 

" Yes, Sir." She answered. 

Whispers filled the air. 

" And the girl you brought with you is your weapon?" 

" Correct, Sir." 

" I believe we have confirmed what we have called you in for, Larten Crepsley. However, as you know, it is law that you should not, and shall not blood children." 

" May I speak on the boy's behalf, Sire's?" Gavner asked, standing up from the wooden bench he was sitting on. 

" You may." Arrow said. 

"  The boy's walked through the treacherous snow all the way here, they have fought our battle for us multiple times, and handled it as well as any vampire would. The only reason Darren was injured was because of Mr. Tiny's actions." 

" Mr. Tiny?" Paris asked. 

" That is correct. We all nearly died when Mr. Tiny caused a rockslide and made the  piece of mountain we were climbing up give away, causing all but Larten to fall."  

" I ask you only hold me responsible," Mr. Crepsley said. " I am well aware of my mistake and fully except my punishment." 

The prince's looked at each other, silence filled the air. 

" We do not wish to drag your reputation through the mud because of one mistake." Arrow said. 

" Brother-" Mika started. 

" Let him finish, Mika." Paris said. 

" And because of that, I would say that your two assistants go through the Trials, and if they survive, they will be excepted." 

" I asked for them to not be punished." Mr. Crepsley said. 

" It's a task, not a punishment," Arrow said. " I feel you have great pride in them, Larten, and from what we know, they were well skilled in fighting, so they will be alright. This is your only choice, do you accept? 

Mr. Crepsley looked at me, and I said " Yes". 

" I accept." Mr. Crepsley asked. 

Arrow looked at Emma. " During this time, the girl will be training herself how to master Earth and Fire, that is her task. Do you accept?" 

" Yes, Sir." Emma said. 

" Your choices are now valid, and cannot be changed," Paris said. " I now dismiss this council. I ask to speak with these three alone, and off the book." 

The Hall emptied out, and once the door shut, all busness was set aside, and Mr. Crepsley visited his old friends.