Chapter 23

( Vanez's PO.V.) 

" What's wrong? Are they alright?" Emma asked me as I walked passed one of the many storage closets. 

She had been helping out Seba. 

" They are fine. I just need to talk to the Prince's about something. I appreciate you helping the old man." 

" Emma?" Seba asked from the back of the room. 

" Coming." She said as she turned back around and went back into the storage room. She waved goodbye with her left and as she went back inside. 

I couldn't believe what Steve and Darren had told me. Those rocks are supposed to be half of everyone's weight.  

I entered the Hall of Prince's. They could instantly tell something was wrong. 

" What is it, Vanez?" Paris asked me. " Are the boys alright?" 

" They... they had no problems with the rocks. There like feathers to them." 

" That is impossible," Mika said. " They are half of a vampire's weight." 

" It is true, Sire. I gave them the second heaviest rock in the mountain, and they said it felt the same way." 

The Prince's looked at each other, feeling the same way I was. 

After a few moments of silence, Arrow asked: " Do you know if both of them has ingested or have been healed by Emma?" 

" No, I do not." 

" What does she have to do with this?" Mika asked. 

" Where is a rumor that Angel blood can make half-vampires stronger," Paris told Mika. " This may be why they are so strong. I do not doubt Emma did give them her blood or heal them. They are very close." 

" They still will have to use the rocks, even though they weigh nothing," Arrow told me. " We still have to test their patience." 

" Agreed," Mika said. " You may leave." 

" Thank you for your time." I said, bowed in respect, then left. 

" I could attack two rocks to there feet, no, one is tradition. Patience will be key in this War." 

When I returned, I saw Darren and Steve peering into the maze. They were using their time wisely. 

" Found one," Darren said. " There's a crack in the corner." 

" How long did it take you to find it?" I asked them 

" A few seconds. What did the Prince's say?" 

"You're still going to use the rocks. Our tradition will not change." 

The boys followed me in and as I walked them through the maze, they paid close attention to everything. They were smart, strong members of the clan. They are great vampires. And I am glad to call them my brethren. 

But, even the great vampires cannot always return alive. 

We spent the whole day walking through it, then they tried it with water. 

I was not in there with them, and the maze had changed itself. 

( Steve's P.O.V.) 

" This is reminding me of Maze Runner man." I said as we swam past the cracked piece of floor at the beginning of our practice. 

" At least we're not being chased by giant spiders." Darren said as he took a left. 

We continued following the map in our heads and kept a sharp eye out for new and old land, marks and made it out of the Aquatic Maze in five minutes. 

" Outstanding," Vanez said as he clapped. " You have done well." 

We turned our head back towards the maze as it changed, then looked at each other. 

" Can we go again?" Darren asked. 

" You will have to wait ten minutes for it to reset." Vanez told us. 

As we rang out our clothes, some vampires walked into the room. We spotted Arra in the crowd, along with Percy. 

" How long did it take them?" Arra asked as she and Percy walked up. 

" Five minutes," I told them as I put my shirt back on. " We're going to try to do it under five minutes this time." 

Arra looked at Vanez. " You're letting them go back in?" 

" If they want to, they can. There's no rule stating they can not." 

Whispers began to start around the room as more vampires walked in. 

Ten long minutes passed and we went back in. 

When we came out, the room was filled with vampire's and talking. 

We had reached our goal, but our victory was interrupted by a very pissed off Mr. Crepsley. 

He yelled at us as we rang out are clothes again, planning on going a third time. 

" Are you two even listening to me?" He asked us. 

" We understand your concern," Darren said. " But we have a better chance of completing this by memorizing everything in there. You can trust us, Mr. Crepsley." 

" It's not that I don't trust you." 

" We understand you're worried, but we've got this." 

We went back in, but this time it took a tad longer because this time, almost everything was new.