Chapter 30

( Vanez's P.O.V.) 

Gavner flitted past the vampaneze and went after the girls while I tore through their weak ranks. You could tell that these vampaneze were just blooded, they had no idea how to hold a sword, much less use it. 

Larten's spiders showed up seconds later and sunk there teeth into the vampaneze that were at the end of the tunnel, there screams filling the air, along with the smell of their blood. 

Once they had finished them off, they retreated to join Arrow's group as the began fighting on the left of us. 

When I caught up with Gavner, he was frozen, looking in the direction of the girls. 

I walked to his side and laid my eyes upon the girls, who were covered in teeth marks.

They had been feeding off of them. 

" They have no pulse, Vanez." Gavner told me. 

Their eyes were wide open full of terror, their faces wet from crying. 

They had drained them and turned them into full Vampaneze. 

( Arra's P.O.V.) 

I had run into a few vampaneze, put took them down with ease. This was the only tunnel that gave access to the tunnel Larten was in from above, so it would be easier to guard him. Only a few waves of Vampaneze were supposed to come through here.  

" The vampire's must be small in numbers to send a woman to fight for them." A vampaneze said as he walked towards me. He was the last one of the three waves I had taken down. 

Larten had goe to held Arrow's group, that's what I was planning to do when I was finished with this one. 

" Did you expect us to let you go?" I asked him as we began to fight. 

" No, but I thought you would be a little more angered, we did turn two of your youngest into vampaneze. Two girls if I remember correctly. They tasted delicious." 

I knew better than to last out, even if I was filled with rage. I drove my sword into the Vampaneze's right shoulder and stuck my dagger into his heart when I was free of his attack. 

He dropped to the ground and I made sure he was dead before moving on. 

" They've turned the girls." I told Vanez and Gavener. 

" We are aware, we are bringing them back and putting them in cells. Rose said she would be down to check them later. They are asleep, for now." Gavner told me. 

" I am going to accompany Arrow's group in their fight. Keep your guards up." 

" You as well."  Vanez told me. 

I was filled with worry and anger as I made my way down the tunnel where Arrow's group was fighting and leaped into battle, cutting every one of the sickening creatures down. I usually fight in a style, and more ladylike, but what they did was unforgivable, and they deserved to be slaughtered like the animals they were. 

The others noticed instantly how I was fighting, causing them to read my mind and figure out what had happened. 

The tunnel, which was filled with four hundred vampaneze, was cleared out within minutes. 

As we were discussing the matter, one of the vampire's that had come along with is fatally stabbed me in the stomach, and in my dying breaths, I told Larten to hold his children dear to him and to not let them die. 

A tear fell from his right eye as we kissed goodbye. 

I had died in my first loves arms and left him behind. But I knew he would be alright. His wife would take good care of him, and so would our children. 

( Gavner's P.O.V.) 

We got Yuna and Emma chained securely in a cell, far from each other, and was getting ready to catch up with Mika's group when we were attacked by Vampaneze. 

Ther were quicker and stronger than I have ever seen them, and they reeked of Emma and Yuna's blood. 

These were the animals that drained them! 

With the help of Kurda, Vanez and I fought them off. And the only thing I got in return was a dagger in the side. 

Vanez almost killed him with rage, but he obeyed my dying wish. 

Kurda would be put on trial and executed.  

( Darren's P.O.V.) 

News of everything reached me within a day. I was stricken with rage, worry, and sadness.  

I didn't know how to deal with it all, so I just cried.

The next day, there was a meeting in the Hall of Prince's. I attended, as so did the grief-stricken Mr. Crepsley. After questioning Kurda for an hour, he was sentenced to death, which I planned to attend as well, but Mr. Crepsley prohibited it, fearing it might make me snap. 

I assured him that it would make me do no such thing, but he didn't budge. I appreciated him stopping me, I knew deep down it would make me go down a dark road. 

I hugged him when he wasn't expecting it, and he hugged me back. I had a father again, and Mr. Crepsley knew that he had a son. 

( Thank you all for reading this and I hope you loved it! This will be the end of book two. My plan is to finish the second book of the Reaper Series, then finish Slayers First Kill, and after that, finish up book three of my GANGSTA. fan-fic. By that time, the eight manga should be out. Anaig, thank you all for reading this, I hope you all enjoyed it and I love you all! I will see you all in the chapters!<3)