Chapter 11

5 years later...

Coming out of the toilet wearing her bathrobe, she goes over to the bedside drawer where her phone was charging. She picks it, presses and there it was, missed call from Karima, and a message from Bash she read. She drops the phone back and walks to the dressing table. Minutes later after she was done with the dressing table, she walks to her wardrobe and opens it, she begins to search for what to wear.

Picking what to wear seems to be something she took time doing frequently. Wanting to look comfortable, professional and modestly dressed all at the same time was beginning to take a toll at her. She had lots of clothes to wear but every time she opens he wardrobe, it's like all the clothes go missing. She takes out a blue jeans and a peachy cream crepe chiffon shirt which had long sleeves, then takes out a black scarf.

After getting dressed, she stands in front of the mirror and sets her scarf into the perfect hijab which covered her long hair before putting the pin to hold it and then wears her black cover shoes. She then takes her phone, bag which had her laptop and walked out of the room. As she walked down stairs she could hear her mom and Asira from the Kitchen.

"Good Morning Mama" Amira greeted their mom as she set her bag on the counter.

"Morning Amira" she replied her.

"Good Morning Mira" Asira greeted her sister with a smile on her face as she walked around the kitchen wearing her uniform with a bowl of cereal in her hands.

"Morning Sira, Isn't it too early for the two of you to start your usual arguments" she stated laughing.

"She wants me to let her go with Rahama, to their house after school and I said no because she has studying to do" her mom fired back which made Amira laugh. She walks over to a drawer and takes a cup out before she begins to make herself tea.

"Please Mama, we are going to study together... Mira please talk to her" Asira looks pleads to Amira.

"They will study together... Promise?" Amira finally says looking at her sister who nods back. "Mama please let her go" she continues looking at their mom who was making breakfast for their dad.

"Make sure you come back by 4 and you better find your way back because I won't come take you or you ask your dad to send his driver" their mom said after a while.

"Thank you, thank you... I love you Mira" Asira says with excitement as she drops the bowl she was holding and walks out of the Kitchen. Just then they hear a car horn from outside "Bye, the school Bus is here" she shouts before picking her bag from the palour and walks out.

"That girl will make me old before my time I swear" their mom says as she walks out of the Kitchen with the food she made.

Amira laughs as she follows her "Mama you are already old" she states.

"No, she is not" she hears her dad say as he walks towards the dining area.

"Good Morning Baba" she greets him laughing at his answer.

"Morning Mira, I thought you already left.

"I was just leaving" she states as she put down the cup and walks back to the kitchen to get her bag. "I will see you later, Bye..." she calls as she walks to the door.

"Bye" the both answered but she was already out the door.

She could feel the early Monday morning cold as she walked out, maybe because it rained yesterday night. The morning sun was shining bright giving the right amount of heat to the environment. Funny thing about it was, Although it was raining it was also very sunny at midday, just the normal weather in Abuja in mid may.