26

The next day, Jacky woke up with a pounding headache.

She groaned her way through the day, literally moaning every ten seconds, and mainly moping around the house. Natalie texted her and told her she was coming over later.

Of course she remembered what happened, partially, and although she seriously doubted she actually did see Shakespeare himself riding on a Pegasus out the window of Natalie's car on the ride home, she was pretty sure they managed to escape successfully.

A knock on her door that afternoon startled her so much that her half-assed hair bun fell out. She shuffled to the door to find Rick standing there with a bouquet of screwdrivers and hammers.

"He-oly shit," he said, his smile dropping humorously as he took in Jacky's appearance. Sweats with stains on them, drool, messy bed head, no makeup, completely hungover. Oh and she was holding a fried chicken leg.

"Sup," she said, taking a bite out of her leg. Grease dribbled down her chin, "I wasn't expecting company."

"Yeah.. um, Natalie gave me your uh- your address. I just wanted to come thank you for... rescuing me..." he trailed off, looking super uncomfortable. Ha, well now he knew a girls contour cant always be on point.

"Yeah, sure, no prob," she said. She opened the door wider, "Wanna come in?"