2. Graduation

Derek's POV

"Derek!!" She squeals as we run through the ocean of people dressed in black graduation robes.

"Baby! We did it!" I hoot as I wrap my arms around her waist and spin around.

"Now just a few months and we will be moving into our apartment and starting college!"

"I know babe! I'm so ready for this. I know this year was rough and I can not be more thankful that you have forgiven me and you're giving me another chance I promise I won't mess this up. Not again. I love you Kennedy."

"I love you too Derek!"

We lean towards each other and just as our lips are about to meet there's a bright flash followed by "Aww you guys are so cute."

I roll my eyes. "Thanks Anna, but did you really have to ruin the moment?"

"Sorry okay? I didn't know the flash was on. My bad." She mumbled walking closer.

"Yeah, sure." I say as Kennedy pulls away so we only have an arm around each other l and I pout causing her to laugh:

"So what are you guys doing tonight? I hear there's a massive party at Jason's, are you guys gonna go?"

Kennedy looks to me and I shrug. "We might stop by. Are you going?" She asks her friend.

"Definitely."

"You going to try and seduce Jason again?" I asked stifling a laugh then grunting when K's fist made contact with his stomach.

"I wasn't trying to seduce him okay?! I was seriously wasted that night and I'd been hanging out in the basement with the stoners so it really just wasn't a good night for me! Leave me alone!"

"Yeah okay. Just be careful tonight okay? We have to go find my mom though so see you later?" K say to her embarrassed friend.

"Yeah okay." Anna says pulling her into a hug.

"But seriously let me know how good he is if you tap that." Kennedy whispers jokingly in her ear thinking I can't hear and I shake my head.

When she pulls away from Anna her friends face is bright red and I laugh grabbing her hand and pull her towards the back of the auditorium.

~

Kennedy's POV

It took a while to find my mom but when we did we made our way to the car to meet Derek's parents at Olive Garden for dinner. After yet another meal where his father tells him that the career path he has chosen is 'the biggest mistake you will ever make next to her', yes he's talking about me, we went back to my house.

See ever since Derek decided he didn't want to be a doctor or a lawyer, like they had planned, he had been practically living at my house because anytime he was around his parents there would be a fight. Derek wants to be a writer and his parents either don't believe he can do it or they just want to control every aspect of his life. They have tried to break us up multiple times, only being successful once, because they told him they were going to kick him out and cut him off. We were apart for less than a week before he told them that he loved me and he couldn't be apart from me.

For some reason they didn't kick him out when we got back together which I still find weird but Derek says it's best to ignore it because nothing they do makes sense.