Warriors: A New Era (story idea)

It's time.

The new era has come.

They've been around for too many moons for any to remember, walking on two legs, balancing with a tail, and hearing with soft ears protruding from their heads. They've only known one life: fight. Protect. Survive. Thrive.

Hazelbush is a young warrior with nothing to loose, no family and no apprentice. He's a fearless fighter, though not very strong, and he's willing to give his life to protect his clan and their territory. Until SHE becomes interested in him. Now, all he cares about is living to see her another day...

Even if it means his clan crumbles to the ground.

//

Warnings for blood/gore as well as LGBTQ+ relationships.

This is literally just neko warrior cats. (So humans with cat ears and cat tails.)

Prologue

     A warm ray of sun glistened over the ripples of water at the feet of a dark skinned woman. Her ginger speckled tortoiseshell ears flicked back as the light reflected into her dark eyes, making her cringe and the fur on her slick-furred tail stand on end.

      She pulled her carefully crafted jacket tighter around her torso, though, feeling a cold breeze blow against her from the water. The tortoisehelle tailed she-cat's eyes fluttered back open to glance at the new patch on her jacket's shoulder-- the leader's patch. It had her clan's crest on it: a cat eared square with what could appear either be water ripples or the top of a ravine, she had never really known for sure.

      "Sorrelstri--aaar. Sorrelstar." The freckled leader glanced over her shoulder, her hand pulling her shoulder-length curtain of hair back just enough to see the face of the approaching cat. She had already recognized the tom by his lyrical voice, but laying eyes on the hooded tom confirmed what she already knew.

      "How'd it go, Bonewhisker?" She purred, turning all the way around, her palms digging into the moist dirt. Bonewhisker shook his head slowly, pulling his hood down and revealing a completely hairless head. He had large ears, the sun shining through and showing tiny red blood vessels. It was what one could call ugly but Sorrelstar had grown used to the medicine cat's appearance.

"Not well," he murmured, sitting down slowly next to her, smoothing down his simple black habit as he tucked his legs under himself, hairless tail flicking behind him, "not well at all...."

"What happened?" Sorrelstar asked, wondering if it was a reply too quick or too slow.

Bonewhisker gave a small shake of his head solemnly, breathing in. "Rookheart didn't make it." Sorrelstar's eyes widened, her eyebrows raising with a pinch.

"What..?" Her voice came out hoarse, but she didn't dwell on the thought. "That's... That's not supposed to happen...!" Sorrelstar's fingers dug into the dirt, her eyes searching the medicine cat's face.

"Her body couldn't take the stress... the kit was born, though. A boy." The dark skinned leader blinked. They were both quiet for a few moments, the sounds of the river filling the silence.

       "...Has Owlflight heard yet?"

"Yeah. Luckily he'll have his clanmates to help raise his son... But with Rookheart...gone.., he won't be the same anymore," Bonewhisker paused a moment to close his eyes.

"She's in StarClan now...," Sorrelstar said quietly, her voice filled with confidence. The only confidence I've had so far in this short leadership. Her fingers lightly traced the leader's mark, a star, on her jacket's clan patch absently. "Still, though, defending ourselves from TallClan and NettleClan is going to be that much harder without her; she was such a valued warrior," the dark haired leader paused, "has Owlflight named him yet?" Bonewhisker gave an ear flick for yes.

"Hazelkit." Sorrelstar gave a small nod, standing up. The afternoon's sunlight crowned her dark hair and made the tortoiseshell dashes on her tail glow like embers.

"I hope he's ready to walk in his mother's footsteps." She muttered, turning. Bonewhisker took his place at her side.

       "You and I both." He mumbled, the high sun leaving short shadows in front of their calloused, bare feet.

AN

AIGHT please tell me if that sounded okay? I want to make it into a fanfic but I don't want to do it if you guys don't think you'd read it.