Chapter 10

i kinda want to write an oasis fanfiction but at the same time focus on this one, too? like i need to write longer chapters to save less chapters you know? i don't know but thanks for 500+ views! that's half a thousand and im just ahhhhhh love you all SO SO much oml -F

Percy's POV

I  closed the door behind me, leaving Nico's cabin cautiously and anxious. It's not everyday you find out you're actually gay, am I right?

As I was making my way to get some breakfast, some guy stood in front of me, "Hey, Percy. Nice to see you, huh?" I looked in front of me, and it was that guy Landon Guenther. I rolled my eyes, "Can't you fuck off for two minutes?"

He snorted, "You don't know, do you? The whole camp knows, you dumbass. You and your faggot boyfriend? Yeah, classic." I shook my head in disgust, "You don't fucking get it, do you? I don't have for homophobic people like you, anyways." In a fake voice he mocked me, then pushed me. 

"You don't know what it's like to be me, so don't even try," I shoved him. Landon grinned at me and rolled his eyes, "Oh, sure I do! Everyone looks up to you, everybody wants to be you. But that was before- they won't look up to some fag, anyways." I clenched my jaw and punched him in the face - what? I couldn't help myself.

Landon started breathing heavy  and was about to strike me, until one of his gang members held him back. I was about to slap him but felt someone holding me- it was all three of them- Jason, Leo and Nico. I saw Nico stare blankly at Landon, which led me to wondering if they ever met. "Why him, Nico?" Landon tried saying. Nico's eyes narrowed, then his expression softened. He sadly looked away.

 I glared at Landon, who was covering his nose as blood leaked through his fingers. "Dude, what are you doing?" Leo asked, a little frightened. "Let's go," I said, my voice a little forced.

Later...

Nico wouldn't look me in the eye since the 'Landon incident'. That made me feel like absolute shit. 

"What in Hades was that, Percy?" Leo asked, concerned. I looked at the ground before I looked at him, "It doesn't matter. Everyone knows already." Jason knitted his eyebrows together, "What would it matter if they did or didn't? Aren't you proud to Nico's boyfriend? I mean, don't you love him?" 

That caught Nico's attention. He flashed a look a Jason, then looked at me with dark eyes. I was hesitant, because I knew whatever I said would cause trouble, "Well, yeah I guess." Jason remarked, "Well, you don't sound too sure." I threw my head in my hands in frustration and yelled, "That's because I'm not! Now, would you stop with those stupid questions?" 

I looked up at Nico quickly, suddenly aware of what I had just said. "No, no,no, Nico I didn't mean it like that!" He had a heart-wrenching expression on his face, and then stared at me with no expression at all. Jason looked like he was saying, 'Are you serious?' He even had the hand motion to go with it. He then steered Nico out of my way, then they both left.

"Fuck!" I screamed and slammed my fist on this log-bench thing I was sitting on. I apologized,"Sorry, I know this isn't fair to you."  Leo just stared at me, bored, because he's seen me like this with Annabeth. "Dude,  you should watch what you're saying." was all he said. I exhaled, "I know. But like, you know when you say something but don't actually mean it? I'm certain that I love Nico, it's just that whenever Jason asks me, I second guess myself. Always." 

"Huh." Leo started tinkering with some wires and metal. He looked up at me, "Well, it you're actually serious, you could ask him to that dance thingy that's coming up. Like, if you were happy to be his boyfriend, why would you care about what people think?" I looked around to make sure nobody was listening, "B-Because he's too good for me. I don't deserve him." 

Leo had the nerve to laugh, "Are you kidding me? You're everybody's hero. Everyone love you. Percy, all you need is confidence. Once Nico sees that you have that, he'll have to have you!" I rolled my eyes, "This coming from a guy who won't ask that cute red-head you've been eyeing from the Apollo Cabin." 

Leo put his hands up, "Okay, okay. You got me. All you need to do is to show how much Nico means to you. Who cares about what people think? I don't, and you shouldn't either." I figured he was right. I love Nico di Angelo, and nobody was going to make me change my mind.

"Hold on," Leo pulled out the upcoming dance pamphlet. I read it out loud, "1960's party? Leo, Nico will love this! It's perfect!" Leo shrugged, and went back to his tinkering. "Meet him back at his cabin, and tell him you love him. The kid has had a hard life. Just do whatever it takes to make him happy, okay?"

"Sure," I began, skeptical, "but wait. Leo, how do you know all of this?" Leo had a wistful smile on his face, "Because I wish someone would do that for me." was all he said.