Chp 10: The good old times.

Nandini

'Nandini, Zoyi is not keeping well. We didn't mention it to you earlier as you already had a lot of stuff to stress about. We're sorry we had to leave without meeting and informing you properly about our departure. And we're sorry for not being with you in this tough time but we're also sure that after visiting school and meeting your old buds, you must be comfortable with the surroundings now and you'll soon recall everything. Just don't forget to have your medicines along. Be safe. Take care.

See you soon.'

Love,
Rishabh and Tani

I read the letter in the morning and realised it would be evening in Canada but bhaiya bhabhi wouldn't have reached by now. I called up Mumma and checked on Zoyi. She was suffering from jaundice but Mom clearly asked me not to worry as she'll be fine soon.

Next, as I promised to myself, I called up Alya. She was initially upset with me for not being in touch but then understood that I was badly caught up in the mess. We decided to video chat everyday from the next day onwards on the time that'll be suitable to both of us as there's a lot of time difference between the two countries.

I completed the rest of my work and was sitting idle when my mind was again dragged to the events of last night. I started to remember each and every person that I met in the party and started thinking about them. Various incidents related to them from the past started flashing in front of me. Meeting them was definitely very helpful. The doctor was right. I need to rewind my life. Then only I'll be able to remember things.

My thoughts came to a  halt as soon as I remembered Manik. There were no second thoughts in my mind about the fact that he definitely was an important person in my life earlier. But I wanted to know more, a lot more about him. About us.

I was caught up with the old memories when the door bell rang!!
I opened the door to find a girl. A girl with fair skin, rheumy eyes, full lips, brown hair and eensy figure! She was so pretty. For a long time we kept ogling at each other. Her eyes distrusting my presence. Her gaze dodging the tears that were trying to blur her vision and I was constantly looking at her trying to know our story through this silent conversation. Unknown tears pooled in my eyes as well, as if they were able to realise our pain of separation.

That little moment was broken with a loud sound and an acute pain on my left cheek.

She slapped me.

And within a Nano-second she hugged me so tight that I was unable to breathe properly. Her hold on me kept on tightening as if I would disappear the moment she would loosen her grip. She started to sob loudly over my shoulder. I looked up to find Aryaman standing there. He mouthed

'Navya'.

I hugged her back to comfort her and began to apologize. I said sorry a numerous times but still her crying didn't stop and neither she left her hold on me. After few minutes I was forced to pull her away from me. My heart was stabbed a million times looking at her dull puffed up face. Her eyes were blood-shot read.

"Shhhh! Bas. I am here and I'm not going anywhere now. I am so so sorry"
I apologized for the umpteenth time. And this time I  finally found a faint little smile on her face.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have slapped you like this. But you know what, your thoughts and our memories always made me so angry. I had promised myself that the moment I'll see you, this is the first thing I would do irrespective of the situation. Do you have any idea how broken I was after you left. None of my ex-es have hurt me so much, the way you did. Whereas, you promised to always save me from heart breaks but you yourself gave me the most serious one.
How could you Nandu? Ek bar nahi socha na tune ki mera kya hoga tere bina? Yaad nahi aati thi na tujhe meri? Bht bolti thi tu that you never break your promises but you broke all the promises that you did to me. Why Nandini? And I seriously don't care if I am acting like a torturous girlfriend right now."