What happened to things being normal?

~Jason POV~

“Let’s see I was cheering him up, which you seem to epically fail at!” I heard Brandon say. Christian stalked towards him and grabbed him by his collar, fist ready to hit him.

“Excuse me? I do a fine job at making him happy.” Christian countered.

Brandon scoffed. “Yeah and I’m Santa. Puh-Lease. It was Your fault he didn’t go home those few days. It’s Your fault he isn’t happy now. And put me down pretty boy or else you get kicked off the team.” Brandon challenged. My mouth was wide in shock. Chris pulled his fist back and then let it go forward.

I hear as it connected with Brandon’s jaw. Brandon touched the spot that got hit and I saw the anger in his eyes. “You did not just punch me in the jaw.” Brandon whispered menacingly. I saw the green in his eyes harden. Then in a flash he had managed to get out of Christian’s hold and pin him on the floor and punch him twice before letting him up. Chris was mad now.

“You are an annoying little twerp that I’ve secretly hated and now…I’m going to kick your damn ass.” Chris said. I was just watching these two guys fighting…over me? As bad as I didn’t want this to happen I was not about to get in the middle of that fight. I’d hurt them both.

I snapped my attention to the two boys who were now rolling on the floor pinning each other and landing blows to the others face or body. Once they were up Christian managed to kick Brandon in the stomach and make him fall out the bathroom door, into the hallway. Oh lord, they’re going to get caught.

Chris chased him out as he was getting up and I ran out after them. “Stop, enough. Now.” I managed to get out. They boys didn’t listen, they kept going at each other until Brandon managed a blow to Chris’ ribcage and Chris collapsed clutching his side. I rushed to him and lifted his shirt to see what was wrong…I found a bruise…that looked slightly old but new. As if he’d already had it. “Christian…what happened?” I asked staring at the bruise.

“You hit me in your sleep.” He whispered in my ear. Wait, if I did that, it would mean that Brit did to. “did Amy have bruises?” I asked. Brandon was standing up leaning against the wall, glaring at us. I rolled my eyes but brought my attention to Chris. “More than I do. Jason...you need to talk about it…your father. I know it hurts but the nightmares wont stop and neither will the hitting if you don’t talk about it.” He said.

With that he got off his knees, pulling me up to. He hugged me lightly. “I’ll see you tonight.” He whispered. “No you won’t. I’m grounded.” I said. He let me go and looked at me. Brandon sighed and grabbed my wrist. “If you’ll excuse us, we have a class to get to.” Brandon growled towards Chris. Chris grabbed my wrist and tugged lightly. “He’s not your property so stop acting like it.” Chris challenged.

“Do you want me to kick your ass again?” Brandon icily asked. By now I’d had enough, mainly because we were in school and they could get expelled. So this time, I intervened.

I snatched my wrists out of both their grasps. “As flattered as this makes me that two of you are fighting over me…I’m still here. We’re still in school. It’s beginning to get childish. If you start fighting on in school again. I’m going to hit you both in the face with as much force as possible. Brandon get to class I’ll talk to you there.” I warned.

After Brandon was out of sight I turned to Christian. “What the hell gives you the right to just…pull him away from me. Obviously he thinks I’m worth something.” I started, but whispered the ending. Hoping he wouldn’t catch it. But he did. Somehow, he heard me. “What the hell do you mean by that?” He asked me with a serious look and an eyebrow rose. “Did it matter that maybe we could’ve been a few minutes late to school? Meaning you wouldn’t miss practice.” I said glaring. “I felt worthless, not worth the time. I wanted to give myself to you. I’m still the virgin between the two of us. And I picked you to be the one to give myself to. God I hope someone makes you feel that way one day.” I slightly yelled. My face was burning and I knew I was blushing but admitting something like that isn’t easy.