Chapter 32- Jewel Shards

Ozaki's P.O.V.

A few days past and my wounds had fully healed. Well thanks to Rin's treatment. We were traveling again. Rin was teasing Jaken again and I walked peacefully next to Sesshomaru. We both stopped and sniffed the air. I let out a deep growl.

"Jaken stay here with Rin." Sesshomaru's emotionless voice made them stay put. Sesshomaru and I dashed off toward the scent. We followed it for some time. But when we got to a certain part of the forest I stopped. When he realized that I had stopped he did as well and turned to look at me.

"Something isn't right. He isn't even trying to hide." He didn't really look concerned. I sighed and continued forward though now a a slower pace. Not long after that a strange fog came through the trees. It was too last for me to notice that Sesshomaru was far ahead of me.

"Sesshomaru?" No answer came. This is when I got worried. I could barely see five feet in front of my with this thick fog. My footsteps were soundless as I continued through the forest.

After another half hour I stopped again. I looked at the forest around me. This feeling was getting worse. My eyes widened when I realize that the fog isn't fog. I feel my vision getting blurry. 'No why didn't I realize that this fog is miasma.' I coughed and felt my body go numb. Then everything went black.

When I woke up I looked around with heavy eyes. I let out a deep growl. It almost seemed to echo threw the cavern. My ears perked at the sound of footsteps. From the sound of them they belonged to a man and I only had one guess on who it could be especially in this atmosphere.

I saw him appear in front of me. An evil smirk on his ugly face.

"I have underestimated your power Ozaki." I snarled and tried to move but only found that I restrained again the wall.

"What do you want Naraku?" I was barely able to contain my anger.

"Since I can't absorb you I have decided to us a different tactic." I saw him hold out his hand. In his palm was a jewel shard. My eyes widened in slight fear but relaxed again as I formed a plan in my mind.

He moved the shard so that it was held between his index finger and thumb. I tried to move away from him but being restrained made it impossible. I stiffened when the jewel came in contact with the skin on my forehead. I felt the shard go into my skin.

I struggled against the strong power of darkness that was held within the jewel that was now fighting my body and mind. I tried to fight it but I knew it would be no use.

'Dragon? Are you there?' I felt something shift inside me.

'You need something?' I mentally nodded.

'Can you take over. I need to purify the jewel.' I felt him smirk and nod.

'Under one condition sir. Do not hurt anyone I love?' I heard him scoff.

'I am serious' My mental voice was stern and almost scary.

'Fine. You do your thing girl.' I smirked.

'Thanks. Oh and make it look like it's really me not my inner demon.' I felt him smirk again.

'Consider it done.' I then disappeared into my mind and to the shard. I was keeping a close eye on Dragon though. I knew him too well he went crazy for blood but I knew he would have to put that urge aside if he wanted to act like me. I knew could and would so I hopefully had nothing to worry about.