Chapter 3

Zayn’s P.O.V

I felt sorry for Niall. Although Harry was the youngest, Niall was the baby of the group, purely because he acted and looked that way. Because I felt sorry for him, I decided to get his phone for him.

In his room, I noticed that Niall’s phone wasn’t in its usual place, so I had to do a bit of searching. I searched in his cupboards but it wasn’t there. It wasn’t in his drawers. Where could it be? Seeing as we all had alarms, it may be under his pillow.

I flipped his pillow off its original placing, and, luckily, there was Niall’s phone, along with his... passport. What was that doing there? I decided to check his passport picture, as they are always embarrassing and I have never seen his before. I flicked through his passport until I got to the right page. I used his phone – he didn’t have a password for it – and took a snap of the photo. He looked so young in it! Before I sent the picture to my phone, I checked the photo for any bad lighting.

My eyes fell on his date of birth. It read that he was born on the 13th September 1996. I grabbed his passport, which I dropped on the bed, and got on the right page again. I then stared at the date of birth section for a good minute or so. Why did it read that Niall was born in 1996 when he was actually born in 1993?

I hid his passport back under his pillow and took his phone to him, making sure that I had deleted the photo earlier on.

 “Zayn, you look like you’ve just seen a ghost!” Harry laughed. Usually, I would have probably replied by saying, “This is how I look when I see your face,” you know, as a joke, but this time, I didn’t bother. I was just mesmerised by what I had just witnessed. I handed Niall’s phone to him, and without saying a word, I sat down next to Harry.

“Zayn, are you alright?” Harry asked, worry taking over his face.

“Yeah,” I managed to say.

 Niall’s P.O.V

I kept my eye on Zayn while he gave me my phone. It seemed like he found something, maybe a secret? He took a seat in front of me.

I guess I wasn’t the only one who thought Zayn didn’t look too well, as Harry quizzed, “Zayn, are you alright?”

“Yeah,” Zayn mumbled. I didn’t believe him entirely but I decided to let it go for the moment. I clicked on my mum’s number and pressed the call button.

“Hello?” Mum asked. The familiar voices of home in the background put a smile on my face.

“Hi, Mum, it’s me, Niall,” I replied, my smile growing wider.

“Oh, hi, Niall! How are you?” her voice turned excited.

“Brilliant! Just feeling a bit homesick, y’know?” I explained, biting my lip to stop the tears from falling down my face; I was still young, OK?

“Aww! There’s only two weeks left until you come back!” she exclaimed, knowing that it was hard for me to leave home.

“Yeah! Mum, I’ll speak to you soon, OK?” I ended.

“OK, bye, sweetheart,” she said. I hung up and faced the boys.

“Niall, can you come here a moment?” Zayn quizzed, breaking the ice.

“Sure,” I followed Zayn into my room, “What did you want?” Zayn closed the door behind me and stuck his hand underneath my pillow... oh no! I grabbed his hand and pushed him away from my bed.

“Stop!” I yelled.

“Niall, tell me what’s going on!” Zayn whispered, going for my pillow again.

“Nothing!” I shouted.

“Nothing? Then why does it say that you were born in 1996 on your passport?!” Zayn yelled, causing Louis, Liam and Harry to enter the room.

“Guys, what’s going on?” Harry questioned.

“Nothin-”

“Niall’s not telling me why his passport says that he was born in 1996!” As soon as these words escaped from his lips, Zayn clamped his hand over his mouth. I sent Zayn daggers and sat down on my bed.

Zayn pulled my passport out from under my pillow and handed it over to Liam. Liam’s eyes went from doubt to shock.

“Niall... is this, is this true?” Liam gave Harry the passport. There was no point in lying now - the truth was out.

“Yeah, it is. I turned seventeen, not twenty,” I blurted.

“Is this some sort of joke?” Louis laughed, trying to twist the truth into a harmless prank. Oh, how I wish it was a prank.

“No,” I stated. Zayn and Liam sat on either side of me.

 “Why did you lie?” Liam quizzed.

(A/N: Thanks so much for the 111 reads, 17 votes and 27 comments! I'm really sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I had a bit of a writer's block. Thanks for staying awesome!)