Chapter 2

Niall’s P.O.V

The X-Factor was the best thing that happened to me. I remember my first audition clearly; I had to get through. I didn’t want to – I had to. My future depended on it.

“Niall, can I come in?” Liam asked, knocking the door beforehand. Quickly, I hid my passport underneath my pillow.

“Yeah, sure,” I replied, double-checking that my passport was hidden. Liam pushed open the door and took a seat next to me.

“Zayn’s been telling me that you haven’t been feeling well,” Liam explained, “Are you alright now?”

“Yeah, thanks,” I replied. I was about to tell Liam my secret when I decided to stop myself.

“What?” I guess Liam doesn’t miss things.

“Nothing, I was just about to say that I was going to get something to drink,” I am a pretty good liar. I followed Liam out of my room but took a glance back at the pillow.

I entered the living-room of the tour bus (we call it the ‘living-room’ so it feels like a home) and I was greeted with several stares of pity. I headed for the fridge and pulled out a bottle of Coke, remembering what I had told Liam earlier on. I took a seat next to Harry and struggled with the bottle lid. Harry took one look at my failing efforts and took the bottle from my hand, opening the lid with ease.

“Oh, thanks, Ha-” I was interrupted by Harry taking a sip of my drink.

“Oh, no, it’s fine. Go ahead and take a sip of my Coke,” I said sarcastically. To take the mick, Louis took the drink out of Harry’s hand and guess what, he decided to have a drink. Before anybody else could decrease the amount of fizzy drink in my bottle, I snatched it from Louis.

“I wanted some!” Zayn and Liam whined. Time for my payback.

“Hold on,” I headed off into the kitchen, poured the tiniest amount of Coke in two glasses and filled the rest of the glass with water. I then added several spoons of salt, pepper and sugar. I stirred it up and added some brown food colouring (don’t even ask me why we have brown food colouring) and stirred some more. This looked exactly like Coke. Trying to hide my grin, I held the two glasses in my hand and entered the living-room.

“Here you go,” I placed the two glasses in front of Liam and Zayn. Wisely, Liam smelled the drink, while Zayn just went straight for it.

Zayn took one sip of my delicious drink and sprayed it everywhere! I could’ve sworn that there was less liquid in his mouth when he drank it... yuck! Liam immediately placed his glass on the table.

“That was a good one,” Harry chuckled, his hand waiting for a high-five, to which I returned the gesture.

“What was that for?!” Zayn screeched, once he was done coughing.

“Just to liven things up!” I laughed. So did everybody else apart from Zayn, who just lightened up a bit. For some odd reason, this ‘experience’ reminded me of the first couple of weeks in the X-Factor house.

 “Does anybody want some of my drink?” Louis asked from the other side of the living-room.

“What drink is it?” I called. I really hoped that it wasn’t Coke, as I felt like having Coke, even though I knew that there was only one bottle left.

“Coke!” Louis yelled. Should I ask him for a little bit of it? Or will he think I’m greedy?

“I prefer Pepsi!” I lied, taking one of several bottles of Pepsi.

 The boys know that I love food and we aren’t afraid to speak our minds ad tell each other our... secrets. As everybody was laughing, I scanned the room, thinking if I should tell them.

“Niall, come on, tell us what’s wrong.” Suddenly, all eyes were on me and the laughter had disappeared.

“Nothing’s wrong,” I replied half-heartedly.

“We’ve known each other for three years now. I think we know when something’s wrong!” Louis laughed, as if it were all a joke. This was definitely no laughing matter, as much as I wished it was.

“Niall, just tell us,” Harry coaxed. It wasn’t the right time to spill, just yet.

"I-uh, well, I’m just feeling a bit homesick, really,” I lied, hoping that they would believe me. Suddenly, several arms were placed on my shoulders.

“Don’t worry, Niall, the tour’s nearly over. Why don’t you call them, eh?” Zayn suggested.

“Alright. Would you mind getting my phone please?” I asked, realising that I really did want to speak to my parents.

(A/N: Hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for the feedback on the last chapter! When will Niall tell the boys? Let me know in the comments!)