Chapter 8

--Ally's POV--

"Alwynne you are the girl"

"what?" i was in shock. "I mean...why me?"

"You are beautiful, you're smart, you always know how to make me smile even when I'm feeling down, and your my best friend. It just made sense to me" he said giving me a polite smile.

I was speechless, I mean how am I supposed to respond to something like that? say 'thanks' or 'I'm pretty fond of you too' ?

"So...is it a yes or...?"

I let go of his hands. When I let go, he started to look down at his feet again and he looked so saddened by it.

I reached up and placed my hand under his chin, raising his head so he could look at me.

"Grayson...I would love to go to the dance with you" I said softly, giving him a gentle smile.

"Really?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yeah!" I could see a huge smile appear on his face.

He wrapped his arms around around my torso, holding me tightly. I then wrapped my arms around the back of his neck. He lifted me off of the ground and spun me around with my legs just dangling in the air.

He soon put me on the ground and said "Let's go tell the others"

"Sure" he held my hand as we walked over to Ethan and Lucy.

"Hey, what was that all about?" Lucy asked the two of us.

Grayson and I looked at each other until he decided to tell them.

"Guess who's got a date to the dance" he said with a smile reaching from one ear to the other.

"Oh My God! That's so cute!" Lucy said.

I could see that Ethan was going to say something but Lucy interrupted him.

"Wait! We still need to get you a dress"

"Yeah, but we can get that some other time"

"No we can't!"

"Fine then we can go shopping, just give me a sec"

"Okay, just hurry up" she stood there with her hands on her hips waiting on me.

I gave Grayson a hug and kissed him on the cheek. When he let go of me, I took off his beanie and put it on. I don't think he noticed.

"Can we go now?" Lucy asked.

"Alright then, bye guys" I said walking towards Lucy. Lucy gave Ethan a hug then said goodbye to Grayson.

--Ethan's POV--

Me and Grayson stood holding our suits in our hands and then watched the girls walk across the road and then going into the dress shop.

I turned to look at Grayson, to see that he was still smiling, I'm guessing that it was about the announcement that he made a few minutes ago.

"Congrats bro" I said smiling back at him.

"Thanks"

"So are you two going as a couple or..." I asked as we started to head back to our car that was parked a couple blocks away.

"Well...I'm not sure. I guess we're gonna have to wait and see what happens"

----Later----

Alwynne's POV

I managed to convince Lucy that we should go shopping another day because I didn't see a dress that I would like to wear to my first ever dance, the majority of the dresses that they had were really nice but they wouldn't suit me.

I drove Lucy to her house and then drove myself home. I parked in the driveway.

When I got into my house I went straight to my bedroom. I dumped my bag next to my closet and I lay flat on my bed staring at my ceiling.

I lay there for a few minutes just thinking about how lucky I am to be going to the Christmas Dance with my best friend. I mean yeah I like him and he's very attractive - And when I say 'very attractive' I mean Grayson and Ethan are the hottest guys in our school and I am one of the lucky girls to be able to be going to the dance and being best friend with them. Grayson can honestly have any girl he wants and yet he decides to take me. ME!!

I lay on my bed for a while in silence. I turned my head so I could look at the time on my clock which is on my nightstand. It read 5:38 PM. I rolled off of my bed and walked downstairs to ask my mum when dinner will be ready. Ihe said that it will be ready soon so I decided to help my dad set the dining table.

When we were all sitting down eating dinner it was silent.

I decided to break the silence and said "Dad, how was your day?"

"I got at work" he said quite bluntly. I thought that he would of been happy about getting a promotion.

"That's great dad!" I replied.

"Yeah it is, but um...the thing is we are going to have to relocate again."

"What?!" i said raising my voice.

"We are going to have to move to California"

"No we can't! We can't move! Things have just gotten good here dad!"

"I'm sorry Alwynne but we have to, it's my job"

I got off of my chair and stormed out of the dinning room and went to my bedroom.

When I entered my room I slammed the door shut. I pressed my back against the door and slowly slid down it until I was sitting on the floor I wrapped my arms around my legs holding them to my chest. I placed my head on my knees and started crying.

What am I going to do?!