20

His name is MICHAEL!!!

I can't believe I found out after all of this time! He even apologised for not being around the past few weeks. I'm so heart eye emoji for this boy it's unhealthy.
People don't notice my smile though.
Why would they?

Cal

***

Rushing down the street, I trip on a uneven paving slab but only stumble as opposed to hurtling towards the ground and causing myself some serious injuries.
Stupid paving slab slowing me down.
I jog up the steps of the porch leading to the house opposite of mine, and begin pulling out pen and paper from my pocket.
I have no idea of what song to suggest next, but I know I need to make it a good one.
I look around for inspiration and end up seeing a note taped to the door with my name on it.

Calum :)

The rush of excitement I feel when I see my name written in a perfect scrawl along the paper is on par with how I felt hearing him sing House of Gold last night. Almost electrifying.
I unfold the page quickly - trying not to rip the page - and I scan the page.

Hi.
My name is Michael.
Im sorry I haven't been around to sing your requests for you, so I hope my cover of House of Gold was acceptable for you.
I love reading your notes, your song requests are great. It makes me happy knowing you enjoy my music, I'm glad I get to share that with someone (even if it's in the middle of the night and we've never actually seen or spoken to one another)
I look forward to performing tonight for you.
Michael