The Sharpest Lives

Three months earlier.

I sulked down the street to arrive at the sinful building on the corner. The neon lights blinded my eyes, the grimy street stained my chucks, and my dignity was about to drop even lower. I meekly pushed the door gently and saw the joint.

The first word that came to mind was gay. Men were everywhere, grinding, chatting, making out. Poles were lined up in the front of the room where two out of three were occupied. Curtains lined the left and right walls. A bar was sat in the middle, everything tinted pink and purple by the strobe lights.

I made my way to the bar and sat down on the purple stool. The bartender was covered from head to toe in tattoos, his hair short and messy, dressed in all black, and piercings on his lip and nose. He was attractive and looked at me in a curious way. "What can I get you?" He questioned.

"Ah um, just vodka shots?" He nodded and walked away for a moment. A warm hand was rested on my shoulder, I looked up to see a stripper who was once performing. He had jet black hair styled on top of his head and a seductive smirk placed upon his lips. His lace brushed my shoulder and he looked at me with hazy eyes.

"Hello there," he softly spoke. "What can I get you?"

"Ah-um." I stuttered out of surprise and lack of experience.

"My name is Falsetto, but you can call me anything you'd like..." He winked and bit his lip.

"I'm just here for the alcohol..." I lied to him.

He tutted and shook his head, "If you were only here for the alcohol, you would go to a normal bar..." He leaned in and whispered.

I laughed nervously and shook my head, "Y-you caught me." I stared at my hands clasped together in my lap. "Ah- um..."

"Hey, B, fuck off. He's said he wants to be left alone." The bartender warned the stripper.

Falsetto scoffed, and went towards another much more eager looking fellow with too much eyeliner on for two people.

"Hey, uh, thank you.." I mumbled at the man cleaning the bar.

He giggled and shook his head, "No need, He's an idiot anyway. But um, if you'd like to get out of here, my shift ends in ten minutes?"

Oh god, is this gay code for something? What if he's trying to get me into bed with him..? "I ah, sure." I spoke quietly and unsurely.

He nodded and walked off to attend someone else's drink. I sat there for about five minutes until the small man reappeared. "Ready?" He said cheerfully.

"I think.." I laughed hesitantly as we walked out of the club together. He took a pack of Camels out of his pocket and offered me one, "Ah no thank you, I don't uh..."

"Smoke? It's fine, dude. I get it." He winked. We walked through some not so clean parts of Belleville to my home, where I was sure my mother was waiting. I turned to say thank you, but he was already half way down my block, another cigarette in hand. I sighed and pushed open the door where my paranoid mom was waiting. 

"Where were you?" She demanded.

"I was out with friends." I mumbled as I passed her and sprinted up the steps. Well that was an experience.

-

A/n- yeah this was short as hell. K bye

-Draco.