Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

Jack Age: 3

I sat in the lobby of what could possibly be my new home, its only been a few weeks after Annie, and since then I called 911 just like Annie told me to. After they confirmed she was dead, they brought me to child's services, They kept me there until now, the first orphanage that accepted me, only this place had big cement walls, and watch towers. It was more like a prison.

Peter (The man from child's services) said that the children here all did bad things, weather it was terrorism, thievery or murder, like me.

I sat on a black leather couch in the main lobby, it was a nice lobby. Nice hardwood floors, big paintings of old people that meant nothing to me. Really soft carpets and pillows.

Peter was signing me in, he was speaking to the lady at the big hardwood desk. I overheard the conversation.

"Hi, I'm Peter White from CCS, City's Child's Services. I'm here to sign in the boy" He nods over in my direction. "His Name is Jack Turner, you know the one that murdered his adopted sister." Peter said that last past a little quieter, thinking that I couldn't hear it.

"Ah, yes thank you I have him right here. I shall bring him to his room if you don't mind?" The lady spoke getting out of her chair and walking towards the couch where I sat.

"Hello Jack, I'm Miss Kathy, I'll be talking care of you now. Would you like to see your room?"She asked.

Even though I was three, I still cared about my belongings, I didn't have much back then. Just a old suitcase with some clothes and money, and my Staff of Guidance.

"Oh, I am sorry dear but we do not allow weapons here. So, I'll just take that." and after a few minutes of screaming and scratching from me, she took away my staff of Guidance. When she came back she helped me stand up off the couch, and led me to the elevator.

"Where is my room?" I asked her.

She clicked number "3" on the elevator there was four levels in total, and level 1 was the lobby.

A few moments later the elevators doors opened and we walked into a hallway of chaos! Kids screaming and running around. They were playing some sort of sport in the hallway, other kids were running from door to door and pushing each other over. There were two kids in the corner that were beating the crap out of each other.

I remember standing there in complete shock, these kids were insane! And what was worse was Miss Kathy seemed causal as if this was normal for her!

She walked me past the kids playing the sport in the hallway and to room 315, she opened the room and I walked in.

There was two other kids in there, at the time I didn't know I would have roommates. Let alone roommates that were seven to twelve years older then me. The room smelled like shit, and whatever it was the two boys were hiding from Miss Kathy.

"Hello Bill, Jacob, this is your new roommate his name is Jack, and hes only Three Years old so take care of him, and make sure to keep him out of trouble."

Miss Kathy dropped my things on the floor and left the room, closing the door behind her. I could tell that these two were the worst people to "Keep me out of trouble."

One of the kids who's name was Bill jumped off of his bed and walked up next to me. He looked around twelve years old, and he held his hand out as to shake mine. I grabbed his hand and we shook. Only he didn't let go. He bent down so we were face to face.

"What you got?" he asked. Bill was twice my size, built and with blond hair. I was confused by the question, my black hair and green eyes filled with questions.

"What?" I asked

"What's in the bag?" the other kid asked his name was Jacob.

"Clothes." I answered, even though I was three I felt that it was wrong to trust these two idiots with the items in my bag.

After that they went straight for my stuff, I couldn't do anything about it they were bigger then me, stronger then me, hell they were smarter then me too.

They searched though my stuff and grabbed my money! Bill held the few pieces of paper in his hands with pride.

"Kid, you were holding out on us!" Bill started to count the money, as if it was his treasure.

Jacob however kept searching though my stuff. I just stood there incapable of saying words. That's when Jacob pulled Annie's necklace out of my bag.

"What's this kid? Doesn't matter, I was looking for something to give to Susan!" Jacob started to hold Annie's necklace in his dirty hands.

"Who?" I asked. Showing the anger in my voice

"His Girlfriend, or his soon to be." Bill spoke.

"Look guys, you want to take my stuff, fine. But that necklace is off limits!" I spoke.

The room fell silent. Bill and Jacob turned there attention off of there treasure and on to three year old me.

"What did you just say to us kid?"Jacob asked.

"Don't touch that necklace!" I said as more of a whisper.

"Kid, we could kill you, hell we WILL kill you if you don't step off. You work for us now. You do as we say when we say it. Your stuff is now our stuff, if you don't like that, then your have to beat us in a fight. It's standard floor three rules, I would've thought Miss Kathy would have mentioned it to you." Bill laughed after that.

I don't recall what happened after that, it was all black. There was screaming from Bill and Jacob, and well by the end of the hour Bill was dead and Jacob was threw a wall.

I started to Cry again...