Confession

Diana POV

We get back to the abandoned house and Jake sets Cassie down on the sofa. "How the hell did she do magic in the Ash salt circle?" Faye yells and nobody answers. "Diana, are you ok?" Adam asks me worried. I nod and he pulls me into a hug. "Yeah, and why did Cassie do that to you?" Melissa asks. "Because I cant control it." We hear from behind us. We all turn around to see Cassie sitting up on the edge of the sofa. She looks at me and sighs. "I'm sorry Diana." She says and I nod. "Where have you been?" Jake asks. "Who cares. How did you do magic in the Ash salt and without one of us?" Faye yells again.

Cassie POV

"Who cares. How did you do magic in the Ash salt and without one of us?" Faye yells at me. "Because I, I have dark magic." I say and everyone gasps. "How?" Adam asks "I don't know how or why I have dark magic." "That's not fair. You get to do solo magic." Faye interrupts once again. "Do you think I asked for this?" I shout now getting angry. "It is not a gift. It isn't called DARK magic for nothing. It brings the darkest part out of you, and I don't know how to control it!" Everyone is silent and Faye just smirks. "That's just you. I bet its the best feeling in the world. I bet, you ran away because you wanted to get more power." She says and I am now breathing heavy from how angry I am. "I ran away Because I killed My Grandma!" I yell at her and a tear runs down my cheek.

 "Everything was perfectly fine until something felt wrong. The next thing I know, is she is gasping for air, then dead on the ground. I lost control then and I lost control when Diana was trying to help me. I ran away to try to get control, but nothing I do helps?" I yell and Faye is now backed against the wall. I take a breathe and turn my back to them, Yet Faye continues to push. "That's you, I know how to take control." She says and raises her hands and My lungs tighten as I know she is trying to choke me. I quickly reverse it and she is the one spitting out water. "You would kill everyone around you if you had this kind of magic. You would have less control than me." I say and walk out into the forest.

As I walk out into the forest, my breathing is getting slower but still not normal. I lean up against a tree and take deep breathes. "Don't take another step." I say as a twig snaps behind me. "Cassie, why didn't you come to us, or at least me." I hear Diana say and I turn around to face her. "I couldn't risk hurting anyone else." I say calmly. I then see Adam walking up behind Diana. Diana also notices and shakes her head. "Adam, just give us a minute. I'm alright." She says and he hesitantly walks away. She takes a step closer and I take a step back. "Don't." "Cassie, I trust you." She says and I look her in the eyes. "Why?" She pauses but then takes another step. "Because you care enough to step back and feel guilty." She says.

After she says this I stop backing up and she steps closer until she is four feet away. "Let us help you control it. Or if not us, then me." Diana says and I sigh. "What if I cant? I don't want to hurt anyone else." "I wont let you." She says and I smile. "No wonder why Faye hates you. Your the total opposite of her." I say and we both laugh for a second. I shake my head and we both head back to the abandoned house. Before we enter it though, I stop Diana. "I don't know what sets me off, But I do know if Faye starts something, its most likely going to end badly for her."