19:

Breezy was double checking her grandmother's book while Ryan muttered faintly from the bed.

"La promesa..." His eyes scrunched slightly, "El tiempo se está desvaneciendo..."

"Shush, Ryan." Breezy soothed, setting the book down to turn to the bed she was leaning against. She pushed his hair back and shushed him softly, "I'm almost done with a cure. I can have you back so soon."

"Ayuda..." He sighed before falling silent.

Breezy pulled her hand back and looked at the youngling worryingly. Usually, in the cases of ciguapa, the victim spoke more Spanish only when things were getting worse.

"I'll fix you." Breezy promised, silently, before rushing to her bag. She pulled out several roots and bottles to get to the secret pouch at the bottom. She opened it slowly, pulling out the smallest bottle she had ever seen in her life.

It was a medicine that her grandmother had made. It was only meant to be used in cases of dire emergency, and Breezy felt this counted.

"One drop to my elixir..." She muttered, crawling over to her concoction. "Then stir well... Then just pray a healing spell..."

She bit her lip as she added the singular drop. The clear liquid from the bottle turned an emerald green when it made contact with the other ingredients. She set the bottle down beside her and began stirring the mixture, watching every aspect of it change to the emerald green.

Breezy looked up at the ceiling with an apologetic look. "I know you said not to use it because of its rarity but, if nothing else works, this will help him."

She crawled over to Ryan, again, bringing the mixture up to his level. "Can you hear me at all, Ryan?" She asked, "Or are you still asleep?"

Ryan said nothing, now, laying in silence. His chest was rising and falling in a consistent pattern. At least he was still alive.

"Stay alive, for me. For Brendon. For your mom." Breezy whispered. She pulled Ryan up to set some pillows underneath him so that he could be propped up. She then grabbed the bowl and brought it to his lips. "You'll be okay..."

Ryan drank the elixir with only a small cough towards the end. Breezy set the bowl down on the floor by the bed and closed her eyes.

"This is family, please let this work..." She whispered to no one in particular. She opened her eyes and looked at the youngling. His breathing was still consistent. "Just don't let him die..."

"I'm okay..." Ryan spoke almost silently out of nowhere.

Breezy let out a squeal of excitement before covering her mouth with her hands. It may have actually worked. She may have saved him.

"Oh Ryan!" She clapped her hands together, "Thank you, thank you... Just keep it up..."

Breezy smiled, pulling her hair back in a ponytail. She had never saved someone on the verge of death. Her grandmother had always taken care of major incidents, with Breezy only acting as an assistant. The fact that Breezy had been able to save family on her own was incredible to her.

She looked up at the ceiling, holding her hands together. "I hope I made you proud, grandma." She whispered.

She was bringing her gaze back down when she heard rushed footsteps. She looked at the doorway to the tunnel room. Brendon appeared, holding a long, bleeding figure in his arms.

"Breezy, the protection." Brendon's voice cracked as he he stood just outside of the room.

Breezy nodded, scrambling to her feet to get to the protection bag she had placed by the entrance. As soon as she ripped it from her hiding space, Brendon almost tripped into the room. Breezy watched as Brendon took the figure to the bed by the entrance.