chapter 6

Talia and Christopher's love making was making me sick to my stomach. I couldn't go eat without passing his room and hearing it.

Made me sick to my stomach.

Here we were free from the camp, and she decided to sleep with the bloodsucker willingly? Not a chance.

It made me wonder if Ariel was right for the choice she made. Talia would be much easier at decepting the king, he already liked her.

"Jothi, your personal trainer is here." Amber informed me after dressing me in workout attire.

I loathed working out. When madame needed us to drop weight she forced us to skip meals, if I thought that was agony this is definitely torture.

The Trainor was this guy name Hakeem. To my luck he wasn't a vamp, he wasn't human either but I'll take what I can get.

He was tall, dark and had dreds that brushed his collar bone. He was actually pretty handsome when he wasn't screaming in my face about running laps.

"Ya know Hakeem, I was thinking we could just relax today." I say as I take a seat on a rock.

Here we were in the mountains in sweltering heat, the least we could do is take a short break.

"Funny, I was thinking we could run down the side of the mountain and try some combat fighting." He said with a stern look.

Damn. Did this guy ever get a joke?

"Oh come on. Don't you think I'm already in shape?" I ask motioning towards my own body.

It was true my waist was slim and my breast and hips were larger. It gave me a nice hour glass figure.

"Being fit doesn't equate to your size." He chastised.

I huffed and joined him in stretching exercises.

"Why are we doing combat today?" I ask as we make our way down the mountain.

"Ariel thought it be good to do. So I put it into your routine." He responds not breaking a sweat.

Of course Ariel would think combat training would be good for me. She planned on me using it against Chris. The only objection I had was the backlash I'd face. I'd more than merrily kill a vamp and be off on my marry way. Yet, why wouldn't she hire some fancy assassin?

As we reach the landing of the mountain all I could think about was taking a break. Hakeem easily out ran me there. But by the time I reach him he wrestled me to the ground.

"What the hell?" I yell as my head hits the pavement.

"You should have been ready." He grunted standing and holding out a hand to me to get up.

I take his hand and he only throws me back on the ground.

"Asshole!" I yell rubbing my neck.

He calmly dusts himself off.

"You shouldn't have trusted me." He cracks a smile and I swear it's the first time I've seen him smile.

"That's the first time you ever smiled." I point out.

"It's because training you is a joy." He says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes and as he turns his back I jump him. It took nothing for him to sling me off of his shoulder.

As I lay on the ground this time I stay there.

"What are you doing?" He asks leaning over me.

"Playing dead so you'll go away." I whisper.