Chapter 5

Mature content ahead. Read at your own risk. 
______________________

"Eldrich!"

The stable hand knew that screeching sound anywhere. His first impulse was to hide from what was clearly a princess in a blind rage, but he immediately dismissed the idea. Was he a coward to hide from a mere woman? Well, certainly, he was. After all, this woman could very well have him dangling from a hangman's noose if the fancy took her.

No, it was that there really was nowhere to hide. There palace guards were fast and cunning, and her was certain that if he took flight, they would catch him within four-and-twenty hours. It was best to face the spoiled but undeniably beautiful princess sooner so as not to fan the flames of her wrath any more than can be helped.

"Yes, Your Highness," he said, stepping outside the stable doors. "What may your humble servant do for you this fine day?"

Princess Lucria's face was red with anger. "The unicorn is gone!" she wailed, stomping one foot. "I waited for an entire hour at the appointed time but he failed to appear."

The fact that the stable hand was stripped to the waist did not escape her attention. But even as her gaze flicked appreciatively over his hard upper body, she was much too vexed to stare.

Eldrich bowed low. "A thousand pardons, Your Highness. I consulted with the old woman who lives in the forest—"

She gasped. "The Witch of Blackstone?"

"The very same, Your Highness." It took all Eldrich's self-control to keep from laughing. Mary was his great-aunt whom he visited occasionally. She was no witch, however she did shun the company of people, except a few relatives. "Unfortunately I found out too late that the unicorn..." He gave out an exaggerated sigh of sadness. "The unicorn only allows the ritual with maidens."

It was a lie, naturally. It was best to end this deception while he still had his skin.

"I am a maiden."

"Yes of course." God's, why was this girl so dimwitted? "But what I mean is... the maiden just be"— he cleared his throat— "a maiden in every sense."

The princes stomped her foot impatiently. "What does that even mean?"

"Untouched, your Highness." He supressed a smirk. "The lady must be untouched. Pure."

She frowned, and was silent for a good long time before she finally said, "You mean... you've sullied me for the unicorn?" Her eyes flashed.

He swallowed nervously. What had he done? Surely she would have him whipped for this. What a stupid horse's arse he was. He did not meet with her at the appointed time to pretend to be the unicorn because he felt guilty. He had tricked her into blindfolding herself, touching him, pleasuring him with her hot, eager mouth — all while thinking she would be getting a damned mythical horse creature. The gods were punishing him, surely. He deserved whatever pain she would—

"Fine," she said, rolling her eyes. "Take off your trousers then."

"I beg your pardon?"

Lucria pointed at his crotch. "If I cannot have a unicorn, then I will have your ... your horn."

He froze, sweat trickling down his back. Princess Lucria was even more cruel than he thought if she meant to chop off his manhood. He would take a thousand whippings rather than lose his c0ck. Should he beg for mercy or just run before she could call the palace guards?

Lucria stepped closer, and he took a step back.

"Well?" she said.

"Your Highness," he pleaded taking two steps back. He was against the wall and she was still coming closer. "Please, I beg you..."