Chapter 4: "Bit aggressive"

Cara’s POV

“Cara wake up please.” I felt their warm hand rub my forearm, I opened my eyes to saw Harry kneeling on the side of the bed, “I’m sorry to wake you but I need to change your wrap.” I nodded, wincing as I tried to turn over. “Here let me help you.” As he held out his hand I couldn’t help but notice the ink on his skin.

I rolled up my shirt to bra and let him unwrap the material; I can see his features fall as he sees the new exposed skin. As he opens the packet I can’t seem to take my eyes of his tattoo. Without thinking I reach for his arm and feel over the large ship tattoo.

I felt his body tense up, then I felt the cooling sensation of the ointment to my bruises. “Did they hurt?” I looked back to him.

“My first one yeah, but over time it hurts a bit less.” He said not looking at me, I found myself thinking of my first tattoo. After he finished he got up and walked to the bathroom to wash off his hands. I grabbed my book and pencils and started for the door.

“Wait where are you going, you can’t get out of bed you need to rest.” Harry stopped me as I turned the knob.

“I’m fine, I’ve been through worst and got right back up. I think I saw a garden out, Harry I’m fine don’t worry.” Before I walked out I grabbed my phone and head phones. Walking into the kitchen it was quiet till Liam and Zayn said hello.

Not surprised as I didn’t get one from Louis. I walked straight to the back yard. The freshly wet grass was cool to my warm skin and aided the achiness. I opened to a new page and laid out all my pens and pencils I grabbed. I draped the Beats, my head phones, over my head and plugged into my phone.

With Ed Sheeran, Peirce the Veil, and Lana del Ray singing in my ear I let my mind wonder and sketch the scene in front of me, then Zayn came out and entered the scene. As he sat on the porch swing he opened a pack of cigarettes and lit. I flipped to a blank page and all of a sudden I found myself looking down then back to him as he took every drag of smoke.

The grey smoke leaving his mouth was like the world stopped so I could take in every inch. The scrubbiness of his 5 o’clock shadow, I stopped looking up as I already had the image in my head. When it started to fade I looked up but my heart stopped.

“Admiring my good looks aye, what’s that?” shit, Zayn took a seat in front of me. I tried to close the book but his fast hand stopped me and took it out of my hand. I sat up straight as he examined the page.

“You drew this, just right now?” he looked up and I could feel my nerves in my throat, I just nodded. He set down the book and got up and started to walk in the house. Oh no what did I do? A minute later he came out with a black note.

He sat down in front of me and opened it, it was much like mine. “How did you get the shading, every time I try I make it too dark and looks like a black  hole on the ground.” He looks up so amused and I probably looked stunned.

“Uh w-well, you’re probably writing to hard…”

“Do you ever wonder about the future?” Zayn asked, we’ve been outside for so long we’ve lost track. We’ve draw practically the world by now. I’m on my 2nd to last page and my pencils are gone.

Before I could answer we were interrupted. “Cara! Zayn! Dinner’s here!” as we were walking inside I looked through the pages I’ve filled today.  I wasn’t watching where I was going and bumped into Louis making him drop his plastic plate of pizza.

Being with Brendon so long I’ve developed a natural reaction and shut my eyes tight and braced myself for the impact turning slightly just waiting. I opened my eyes slowly seeing they were all just looking at me stunned.