Chapter 8: Compassion

*

I was awoken, unexpectedly by the repugnant scent of a sea creature carcass being burnt to a crisp. It made me quite queasy once I took a whiff in. I rubbed the dew out of my eyes to meet a woman preparing what appears to be 'dinner' in my kitchen. I pondered who this peculiar human was in my kitchen, however when she faced me I no longer did. The peculiar human was Anastasia. She appeared to be coated in the grime that lied outside. My poor kitchen, it was as filthy-looking as she. She transpired the mutilated trout upon a plate and handed it for my retrieval. I simply explained to her that I wasn't a carnivore of any sort. I simply required only asparagus and mango. She didn't seem to comprehend where I was coming from, yet I didn't expect this from her. She was a woman who knew only of this place. They probably only eat living flesh in this area. I suppose it was up to me to show her the way. I shared my gratitude with her, as I still adored when nourishment was prepared for me. She promised to me that she will nevermore forget. I credit her for this, as I pried the windows in my home. She blessed me for allowing her to reside in my home until she gathered enough dirham. I hope she doesn't believe that I dislike her. I don't think like this of her at all. There was only one bedroom in the entire residence. I felt quite dreadful for motioning her to the floor during the dusk of night. I observed her shivering throughout the night and I grew pity for her. It was time that I do something pleasant for her. So, I allowed her to sleep a long side myself in my bed. The many moons that I have spent a long side of Anastasia meant quite much to me. I think a possible friendship was brewing. I loved to speak of God and she relished upon that. Once, when I live in America, I was told to subside my speech of God. I felt lonesome there and cold. I still adored Minnesota though. It kept the bad people out because of the cold weather. Sometimes I craved to travel to Minnesota and bike around my previous residence as I had done plenty before. It is far too late for those things now.