Chapter One (updated)

THIRD POV

There was a warm breeze that blew over the battle field in front of the woman standing on the hill. She looked to be the only one left standing in the chaos of bodies around her. She looked down the hill she was on and looked out over the battle field in front of her. The silence around her was deafing and she knew that the world was mourning with her. The bodies in front of her where scattered around. She couldn't quite tell if who she was looking at was friend or foe because of how mangled everyone looked. She could see certain people who she grieved greatly. Her family was gone. It wasn't fair that after this huge fight she was the only one standing on the battle field. She wasn't allowed to mourn yet though she had one more task she had to complete. She looked down at the little unassuming jewel in her hand. It still blew her mind that such a small thing could be the cause of the huge amount of destruction. Naraku had done a number on the world with his quest to rule it. She knew the only way she could mourn was to finish her task and finally end this war.

Kagome's POV

I stood looking out over the battle field that the last battle with Naraku took place. It wasn't fair I felt like crying and just falling apart why is it that I was the only one to survive? I wasn't even the best fighter Sesshomaru is a better fighter than me but their he is lying dead wrapped around his young ward Rin. I had fought alongside so many of the best warriors of this time and now all of them lay dead on the battle field in front of me it just wasn't fair. I wasn't even allowed to mourn properly. I looked down at the jewel of four souls in my hand and knew that for this war to be officially over I needed to get rid of the jewel. Naraku had caused so much destruction over this little bauble and I wasn't even able to get rid of it. My friends said that to get rid of the jewel you had to make a pure wish. I just couldn't think of one and now that I was faced with the task to get rid of the jewel a conversation with my grandfather popped into my head.

--------------- FLASHBACK -------------------

I was walking into the kitchen looking for my mother thinking that she would be in the kitchen getting dinner ready. Instead I found my grandfather sitting at the table with my sister who I didn't even know was here. My grandfather and sister looked up at me when I walked in.

"Aw my sweet granddaughter I was just telling you sister that I needed to talk to you both, but it seems that I don't need to track you down."

"What did you need Jiji? I have to find mama I need to finish packing soon or Inuyasha will be back to get me you know how impatient he gets."

"Kagome you and Midori need to learn this and as your father isn't here it falls on me to tell you the curse that our family has on them." I looked at my grandfather confused.

"What do you mean our family is cursed? Midori do you know what our grandfather is talking about?" Midori looked up at me and had a face saying she was just as confused as I was.

"Jiji what do you mean how is our family cursed and why are we just hearing about that now?" Midori asked so confused.

"My dear sweet granddaughters what you need to know is that some people don't think that our family's curse is a curse at all but a blessing. Our family's curse is that we have a hard task sent to use from the Kami. We come from a very long line of holy beings and some of them are more powerful than others. But the ones who are the strongest and who always find a way to survive have a mission from the kami. No one knows what it is except the pervious chosen and they always leave a message. I'm passing on the message and the story to you my sweet granddaughters. A WISH WILL NEVER BE PRUE FOR IT IS SELFISH IN NATURE. And LOOK BENEATH THE SURFACE ITS NOT REAL. Where the last pieces of advice from the previous chosen person." My grandfather finished his story. My sister and I sat there in complete and utter confusion.

-----------FLASHBACK ENDS ---------------

I remember being so confused about those messages and now it was all making sense my grandfather had passed along the words that I needed. Exactly what I needed to know came from my grandfather's story of years ago. I knew what I needed to do with the jewel now. It wasn't a pure wish that was to destroy the jewel it was a pure soul that was to protect the jewel. So instead of wishing the jewel gone like I originally planned I instead choose to protect the jewel for the rest of my life.

It was like the second I decided to protect the jewel the world around me dissolved into nothingness and then I appeared in a world where everything is sideways, and I was back in the modern world. It looked like Kaunkura town where my mother and father lived. This must be my inner world that my mother and father where talking about. I started looking around when a woman appeared in front of me.

"Hello Kagome."

"Hello Midoriko. How is it that you are in my inner world, assuming this is my inner world?" I asked the older Miko in front of me. She gave me a huge smile.

"Very good Kagome my child, your learning. There is still so much that you have to learn but so little time. Your family needs you by their side if they are going to make it through the war they are about to face and unfortunately even if you learn all that you need you will still be sitting on the sidelines for most of this war." Midoriko explained. I was so confused if there was a war coming why in the world would I sit on the sidelines especially if it involved my family.

"No offense Midoriko but if a war is brewing for my family, I would never sit on the sidelines no matter what I wouldn't risk losing any more of my family to another war." Midoriko just looked amused.

"You don't know do you?" It was my turn to look confused. What is it that I didn't know that Midoriko did?

"What is it that I don't know, and if I don't know it how is it that you do?" I asked utterly confused. Midoriko looked very amused.

"Kagome my dear girl you forgot one very important thing. I'm a Miko and I can see your aura. All you need to do to know what I do that you don't is simply look at your aura." Midoriko said quietly laughing to herself. I was so confused but did what she said anyway and what I saw shocked me to my very core.

There was no way this was true. I was shocked to my very core. I'M PREGNANT?