Chapter 3

The Bookshop

Chapter 3

Anna’s POV

“Why do they want us there? I’m too lazy.” Jessie groans and hugs her pillow tighter. I try to pull it away from her but she ends up falling on the floor.

“Come on, Jess. Get up.” I say and I start to kick her lightly. She punches my leg and I fall to the floor because that really hurt. “Calum’s waiting. I know you like him.” I say and she sits up immediately and says, “No I don’t. Shut up.” She climbs back up to her bed and snuggles into one of her stuffed animals.

“Don’t deny it. You were destined for each other! I mean, you two meet the night before you go on a double date with Ashton who is also one of his best mates!” She covers her ears with a pillow and I cross my arms and pout at her. I pull her arm and she starts yelling at me. “NO. ANNA. GO AWAY. YOU ARE NOT WANTED RIGHT NOW.” She yells.

When I finally got her out of bed, she stands up and brushes herself off. She glares at me and I give her the puppy dog eyes. I walk to her closet and grab clothes for her that she could wear. I hand it to her with a big smile and she still glares at me. We stayed like that for a few more minutes before she groaned and snatched the clothes from me and went inside the bathroom.

She came out and she was still giving me the icy daggers. “I hate you. It’s only 11 in the morning. And it’s a Sunday!”

“Oh hush, we don’t have school tomorrow. You’re gonna thank me for this one day.” I drag her outside and I call for a cab to take us to Ashton’s house.

---

“I still hate you.” Jessie mutters under her breath before Ashton opened the door and greeted us. Ashton gave us a hug and let us in. We went to the living room where the rest of his bandmates were playing some video game. “They’re playing Call of Duty?” Jessie asks. Ashton nods his head and all of the boys turn around and say hi. They pause the game before walking up to us. “Hi. I’m Michael.” The boy with the black hair says.

“And I’m Luke. Hey quick question, are you dating Ashton?” He asks me. Jessie looks at me with wide eyes and looks at Ashton who was at a loss for words.

“Um…no we’re not.” I say.

“Yeah we’re just friends.” Ashton says.

“Oh.” Jessie says and looks at Luke who looks at Michael who slaps him in the back of the head. “You dick.” Luke mutters under his breath and Calum laughs at the two of them.

Well, looks like I’m stuck in the friendzone.

A/N: It's short I know. Comment, fan or vote? Woop woop.