Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Ashton’s POV

“Hey, are you alright, Ashton?” She asks. I try my best to smile and I nod my head and say, “Yeah. I’m absolutely fine.”

I look at my dirty sneakers and sigh deeply. I was not alright. I just said that because I didn’t want Anna to feel bad. She looks like she’s having so much fun and I don’t want to ruin the night for her.

Do you wanna know why I’m not alright? It’s because Calum is on a date with Jessie. Maybe that’s why I said that Calum wasn’t one of those long-term relationship guys. Because I know how girls brains work. I think. Let me explain.

So, I tell Anna that Calum isn’t one of those cute long-term relationship guys and she’s gonna get all concerned about Jessie. So she ends up telling her and Jessie would have second thoughts about this because, you know, I’m Calum’s friend and bandmate because I know how things work. Then, she’ll end up telling Calum that maybe things can’t work out that well between them. She’ll forget about dating Calum, and I could take her out!

But, no. That’s not how life works. It’s not going to give you all of these cute little moments that you want with your crush. No! It’s definitely not like that. This is why life is really hard.

“Hey, guys!” A voice says snapping me out of my little rant. I look up to find Calum and Jessie standing in front of Anna and I. They both had smiles on their faces and they looked like a happy couple. Whoop dee doo.

“Hi!” Anna says. “Didn’t know you guys were here.” She says with a little nervous laugh.

“Oh, yeah. Calum just wanted to have a little fun before we get all classy and cliché.” Jessie jokingly says. Calum rolls his eyes and Anna smiles at that two of them. The three of them start talking and I was just sitting here looking at two of them.

That’s when I start to notice things like how Calum likes to wrap his arms around her waist and how they always brush their hands together and the way that Jessie looks at Calum…

You know what? Maybe I’ll get some fresh air or something. Yeah. That sounds good.

I excuse myself from their little conversation and I head out of the arcade and just start walking somewhere. I don’t actually know where, but I’ll just stop when I’m tired or something. They wouldn’t notice that I’m going to be gone for a rather long time, right? Well, maybe Anna will but that’s the use of cellphones!

+++

I was just hanging around in a small tea and coffee shop when my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I fished it out of my pocket and answered it. “Hello?” I ask.

“Where the hell are you?” Anna asks. “You literally just ditched me.”

“I’m in a small coffee shop eating cookies.” I say. “Anyway, if you’re trying to locate me, I’m just beside that small park where there’s that guy with a moustache who sells balloons every Friday.”

“I’ll be there in a bit, okay? Just don’t leave.”

“Sure thing.” I say and end the call up. I continue eating my cookies and flipping through an old fashion magazine. Sounds kind of hipster and girly, I know. But it had All Time Low on the cover, so why not?

Halfway through reading pointless articles, someone pulls the chair across from me and I look up to find Anna with an ice cream in her hand. She gives me a smile and asks, “Okay, what’s wrong. You can just tell me anything I don’t really care.”

“But I don’t want to hurt you, Anna.” I say. She raises an eyebrow at me and I sigh deeply. “Fine. But, please don’t run away from me again, okay?”

A/N: Woop woop. Double update to make up for that short chapter! Do you think Ashton said that he doesn’t like Anna or something? Because idk either! I just go with the flow, to be honest. Hehe. Anyway, I hoped you liked it. Comment, vote, fan. You know how it all works.