Chapter 23

I get in my car and put my suitcase in the back again. I wonder what would happen if I just lived in my car from now on? Its 6:10 am and I have nowhere to go and nothing to do. I drive past Simon's car on the way out. I call work and tell them I can work today both shifts if they need me. I actually ask them for shifts everyday from now on. I don't want to have to be at the house. They say I can work 8am - 10pm if I want to but it'll be a lot and once I'm there I can't leave. Perfect. I go home and quietly walk up the stairs. I put my suitcase on my bed, shower and put on my work clothes. I open Simon's door quietly and see the girl still there on her phone.
"I think you should leave." I say. She looks up.
"I-" She starts.
"I don't care. Please, just leave." She nods and gathers her stuff. I follow her downstairs and find Vik in the hallway.
"Olivia." He says.
"Hi Vik. I'm going to work. I'll be home at 10:15, maybe." I say. I walk past him and out of the door. When I get in my car I put my bag down in the passenger seat. I have a pair of pj's and two sets of clothes in there. I also have a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, body spray, a hair brush and hair elastics in it. I keep a phone charger in my purse so I didn't need to pack that. I decide to keep that bag in my car just in case I really don't want to stay at the house. When I pull out of the driveway Simon pulls in. I go to work as quickly as I can.

Around 10 am Simon, Vik, Josh and JJ come in. They sit in my section but I ask my friend Cathy to switch sections. They're unusually quiet and when I made eye contact with JJ, he looked at me sympathetically.
"They want to talk to you." Cathy says.
"Well that sucks because I don't want to talk to them, or one of them." I say.
She says ok and walks off to tell them.

After work I check my phone. Josh wants to meet with me at Starbucks and I agree. When I walk in I see him sitting alone in a booth.
"Hey." He says.
"Hey." I respond.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"No. Not at all." I respond.
"I figured. Olivia, I think theres a misunderstanding here." Josh says.
"All I need to understand is that he slept with another girl. Josh, he was my first time. He was my first everything. I feel so torn. I feel used. Played. I loved him so freaking much. Fuck, I still love him. I love his big, curious eyes and his goofy laugh and his huge smiles and his dimples and how he can talk about his future with me like he actually wanted me in it. Why should I even be mad? He shouldn't waste his life on me. I'm just some stupid kid who was head over heels in love. He was way to good for me. He's way too good for any girl that I've ever met. I'm over dramatic, stubborn, and horribly jealous while he's this perfect, amazing, kind, selfless boy. Why would I ever think I had a chance?" I respond. My vision blurs from tears welling up in my eyes. I blink and they start pouring down my face.
"Olivia. Simon didn't cheat on you. Well, he did but he thought you two were broken up because he got texts from you saying that it was over. He was trying to move on." Josh says calmly, holding my hands in his on the table.
"What? I never broke up with him!" I say.
"Wait. When we go home he'll show you. He still has the conversation, just come home." Josh tells me. I sit there, staring down at the table thinking before agreeing and following him out of the starbucks.

When I get home I follow Josh into the house. We walk into the living room where I see JJ, Vik, and Tobi. They all become quiet.
"Wheres Simon?" Josh asks. I stand behind him, I don't want to be seen.
"I think he's in the back yard. Him and Ethan went out there to talk." Vik tells us.
"Oh well, we shouldn't interrupt. I'll be going to bed now then." I say. I try to turn away but Josh spins me around quickly.
"Olivia, take Tobi and go to the kitchen. I'll go get Simon and once he comes in Tobi will leave you two to talk." Josh says.
"I will?" Tobi asks.
"Yes. You will." Josh replies before walking down the hall towards the door.

I sit in the kitchen with Tobi. We aren't talking but his presence helps me stay calm somehow. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around to see Simon. He looks like he hasn't sleep in days. Tobi gives me a sympathetic smile before getting up and leaving us there alone. Simon slowly walks over and sits where Tobi was, not too close, not too far. He sighs and puts his head in his hands. I watch as he rubs his eyes.
"Olivia, listen. What I did was wrong, but I thought we were broken up." He tells me.
"Why did you think that?" I ask quietly after a few seconds.
"Because I got these messages from you saying we were over." He tells me and slides his phone over to me. I read the messages and I find tears streaming down my face.
"Simon this wasn't me, I-" I start but cut myself off, "Drew. Drew had my phone at the party. Why would he do that?" I become infuriated. I squeeze my hands into fists trying to exert my anger but it didn't work.
"Liv, its okay. It wasn't you. I know that now." He says. I stare down at the countertop, "Does this mean we're back together?" He asks.
"Simon, you slept with another girl." I say.
"I thought we broke up!" He exclaims defensively, almost yelling.
"Do you love me?" I respond quickly, keeping my voice low.
"What do you mean? Of course I love you!" He yells.
"Did you ever stop loving me?" I ask, raising my voice a bit.
"No of course not!" He yells.
"So why would you sleep with her?" I yell.
"Because I thought we were over!" He exclaims.
"Well when I found you with her I didn't go fuck Callum or Harry!" I exclaim.
"Well I'm sorry! I thought it would help me forget about you!" He yells. Were both standing now, one on each side of the kitchen. He groans and pounds his hand on the counter.
"Okay." I say quietly.
"Wha-" He starts to yell but then lowers his voice, "Wait what?"
"I said okay." I tell him. He looks confused. I walk over and hug him. He hugs me back tightly.
"Olivia. I love you. I never want to be without you. Please, forgive me." He says.
"I forgive you. And I'm sorry too." I say. He nods and hugs me again.

We spend the night in my room, catching up. I apologize for throwing his Christmas gifts at him, he accepts my apology and tells me he liked the gifts if I was wondering. I fall asleep by his side. Everything seems to have fallen back into place, and I'm completely, utterly happy

Weeks went by and everything was perfect. Simon and I were amazing, even better than we were before. We went out more, and when we were at the house we were together. I was better friends with all the guys too. I don't know if its because they saw how torn up Simon was when we were fighting and they don't want that again so they're making me feel welcome or if they genuinely like me. The only major change in my life is Jonathan. He met a girl and she doesn't want us seeing each other so we don't. Simon doesn't mind it but I miss Jonathan sometimes. He was one of my only friends, I have all the guys but I can't talk to them because I know that they'll tell each other, they just trust each other like that. If I tell one, I tell all. I guess I don't mind though, they're all like my family. They're some of the best people I've ever met, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I would do anything for any one of them and I hope they would do the same for me. I hope that I can be everything they want me to be.

The End.