Matchmaker

Nicole's POV

Oh god, there they were, Cami and Azaz just coming through towards the popcorn stand just like we agreed. Ohhh I so wanted those two to get together, I mean c'mon! He beat a guy up for her!! Ok, I think she doesn't know that yet. What?? It's not like I was supposed to tell her that. She didn't want any details, but I asked Nico about them, I wanted to know! Speak of the devil, GOD. There he was, swinging the doors while joking around with Oliver and Marcus. Why oh why did he look so good?! That smile... Damn. I felt myself blush a little, so I decided to just concentrate on Cam, making her way over.

Camila's POV

Oh thank god there was Nik. The car ride was so awkward! With Azaz I mean, I felt really uncomfortable about the way I'd reacted when he said he'd come. It was really at the prospect of having to see the movie.. Not him coming with us. So of course he didn't talk to me the whole way, and I couldn't find a way to start conversation. I so did not want to see this movie.

The bright side was, Nik was here, and so was Nico. Of course I did it on purpose, I know she's in love with him! It's so meant to be. Well. I didn't really know if Nico loved her back, but I could spot sneaky glances in her direction when he thought no one was looking, so I thought it was worth a shot. It was a bit disappointing that Olly and Marcus were here, not because they aren't nice, it's just that Nico acts a bit more.. Well.. it goes to his head when he's with his friends. I guess we all act kinda different around friends, we wanna impress them with our coolness. Olly was his best-best friend. Around him he was plain old Nico. But with Marc and Jimmy (who I heard from their conversation in the car was on his way) he was louder and more of an attention seeker. You can see how this is a problem while trying to set him and Nik up.

I could see her slightly blushing and I smirked to myself. This movie night might not turn out to be so bad after all.

***

"SUCH an awful movie, seriously!!" I complained loudly as we walked off into the parking lot, "That's the worst way you could spend your money, Nico."

"Aw, c'mon! It wasn't that bad!" he replied, "Was it?" he said turning to the guys.

"Well, I think the director could've made use of the location a bit more," chimed Olly.

"Nah, I think it was awesome!" said Jimmy.

"What about you?" I turned to Azaz, "did you like it?" I tried to make it sound light since throughout the whole movie our hands kept brushing while reaching for popcorn, and I was a bit tense, and kept forgetting what it was that made people seem normal.

We were sitting, thanks to yours truly, Azaz-Me-Nik-Nico-Olly-James-Marcus, I sat Azaz next to me because I didn't know if he'd be awkward next to one of the guys, and well, Nik and Nico were an obvious one. The rest really chose themselves.

"It was okay, I guess," he replied quietly.

"Do you normally like horror movies?" Marcus asked Azaz.

"Well, I wouldn't exactly call Insidious a horror movie," he replied.

James guffawed and Nico cracked a smile, "I like your style, kid," Olly said smirking.

Nik hadn't said a word since Nico had come close to her, she was really getting worse by the week. Next to me, I had felt her insanely tense. Who could blame her? Having a crush was the worst thing ever! Fudge you dopamine!

Oh yeah. I paid attention in Biology. I wanted to be a Neuroscientist, it was just so freaking interesting, and chemistry was fun! But math... well... not so much. I had always considered Astronomy, since it's so awesome, but the amount of physics required kinda dissuaded me from it. Oh, but what am I ranting about? Before I knew it we were dropping Azaz off and I got back to reality just in time to say a hurried, "Byyyeee," and pop my head back inside the car with a tiny sigh of relief. Nik raised her eyebrow at me, urging me to tell her everything, and since we were in the back seat and Nico was driving I made a gesture at him, and she turned serious and started blushing on the spot. I grinned evilly. "Hey Nik," I said aloud, "Why don't you come stay over tonight? That way we don't have to go pick you up since you'd already be with us" I silently laughed maliciously at her.

Her eyes widened with warning and embarrassment, "Oh! I don't think I can tonight," she replied, "I'd have to ask my mom.."

"Oh, c'moooon, right Nico?" she was going to murder me, "It'll be easier since it's monday morning and all."

He looked up at me from the rearview mirror and was it me or was he slightly scolding me with his eyes? Maybe he wasn't as clueless as I thought.

"Yeah, sure," he said. Oh? I thought to myself.

"Then it's settled!" I said cheerily at her, "You're staying over."

She shot me a look with her arms crossed and I just settled on changing the radio station till I found a good one.

***

That night we talked intensely about what each of us needed to talk about, and then we proceeded to pick tomorrow's outfit. We really liked clothes, I mean who doesn't? Nik picked a beautiful navy sundress and some grey sandals, while I chose a high waisted moss-colored skirt with a white blouse adorned with tiny pale blue flowers, and some brown boots. We really liked clothes.

Next morning we suffered a bit of an awkward moment, because usually it's Nico who wakes me up, and he has the habit of sleeping in only his boxers.. you can guess the picture. Nik almost fainted, Nico was a bit embarrassed at her reaction and kinda scuttled back to his room, at which Nicole just put her face in her hands and groaned. I patted her back gently and reassuringly, she just couldn't get used to seeing Nico shirtless, even if we had grown up together.

We took turns showering and then did each other's make up, which was a lot easier than just doing our own. We breezed down to the kitchen, where my mom greeted us with a lovely smile and breakfast, YUM. French toast, my fav.

"You look beautiful, girls!" my mom praised.

"Thanfs mowm!" I answered with my mouth full like the classy lady I was.

"Thanks, Layla," Nik said blushing.

Mom gave us each a kiss on the head and went off to work.

"Hey, son," I heard her call from the living room while, I guessed, Nico came down the stairs.

Nico came in the kitchen wearing very simple simple clothes; dark jeans, maroon Vans, a white T-shirt and his black leather jacket (OF COURSE). He couldn't help but show off. Why would he wear the jacket inside is the real question. Another indication to me that he wanted to impress Nicole, or was it just me reading nonexisting signs?

We jumped in his new Audi, I must say, it definitely was a handsome car. Sleek. Shiny (how couldn't it be? Nico kept polishing it). He put some Drake on while we sped off to school. As we arrived, the same horde from last week was waiting for us. Siiiigh. When we got down, Nik and I did our best to disappear into the crowd and head into school, but some people were very intent to talk to us, and well, I didn't wanna be rude so we chatted for a while until we were finally free of their grasp. I looked back and smiled, Nico was in full element, he loved it.