Birth of the First - Liam Payne

Written by meganstyles00

"Push, push Hannah. You can do this!" I hear Liam gently say in my ear, calming me. I push harder.
"Only a few more pushes." The doctor assures me. "AHHHHHH!" I let out a loud scream while squeezing Liam's hand harder. The pressure finally let up.
"He is here. Your beautiful baby boy." The nurse hands me my son, as Liam does the honor of cutting the umbilical cord.
"And what are you going to name him?"
Liam and I look at each other then back down at our son. "Grayson" we say in unison. The nurse takes Grayson and finishes cleaning him and goes to the nursery with him.

We hear the click of the door. Liam and I are resting when they bring him back in.
"I'm sorry I woke you. I can bring him back later." A sweet young nurse says.
"No, it's fine. I want to see him." I nudge Liam. He smiles slightly and lays his head on my should as the nurse, Leah, hands me Grayson.
"He is perfect." I hear the words leave Liam's mouth. He's being all sentimental. But of course he is, he's Liam James Payne.

The nurses are in and out of our room checking on Grayson, making sure he is eating right and everything. Leah comes in and tell us it's time for him bath. She takes our baby and head to the nursery. I take this opportunity to rest.
Liam is running his fingers through my hair and humming. Gosh, how did I get so lucky?
"Our family is just how I imagined. It's perfect. In every single way." He kisses my forehead.
I open my eyes and smile a little. "I thought you were asleep. He sounds a little embarrassed.
"I was just resting my eyes."

Grayson comes back in about a hour later. "Mrs. Payne, you can get dressed now and we will let you check out," Leah says with a smile.
I get up and Liam helps me get dressed, and as he packs mine and Grayson's bags, I put him in his going home outfit and Leah showed me how to properly put Grayson in his car seat. Liam pulled the car around front and took our bags down. I got us checked out, the nurse made sure the car seat was installed properly, and we left. Now it was up to Liam and I to care for this perfect little human being that we created, and just that thought made me excited about our lives as a family.