Chapter 8

Note: Ruby here, so how are you all liking this so far? we are really getting into this story now, and we hope you are enjoying it. Anyway here is my chapter, hope you enjoy. Love Ruby xx

*Ruby POV*

‘Man it’s so hot today’ I moaned as I rolled down the window in the RV. It was about 5pm and we had been on the road for a good 7 hours now. Only 18 more hours to go.

‘Yeah tell me about it, it’s going to be a horrible night in here.’ Kenzie said as she appeared behind the drivers seat. ‘It’s coming up to evening and it is even worse than it was at midday.’

‘You know you are both more than welcome to strip down to nothing’ Norman chuckled, I leaned over and slapped his arm.

‘He has a point. Not like either of us two is going to complain about it.’ Jensen added.

‘You can shut it as well.’ Kenzie said as she looked back to the sofa where he was sat.

‘Ok, sorry. It was worth the suggestion’ he laughed. ‘How about we stop for the night? Go to a bar get a few cold beers’

‘I could kill for a nice cold drink about now.’ I said.

‘Could always get us a couple of motel rooms for the night, somewhere with AC would be a lot better than us being stuck in here.’

‘That’s a good idea. Only problem is that if we stop now we will have 18 hours’ worth of driving to cover tomorrow and the next day.’ Keznie explained.

‘Well if me and Norman help out with the driving, we could drive into the night, make it there in plenty of time that way.’ I turned my head to look at Kenzie, while still looking at the road. She shrugged.

‘It does sounds like a plan. Will get us off the road for the night’ She said.

‘Okie dokie then, you guys check the map for the next best place for us to stop. And I’m telling you one of these days we are going to die from alcohol poisoning the amount we all drink.’

‘What was it you said to me, you only live once’

‘Yeah niemo, but I do want to live a while longer.’ We laughed, Kenzie walked back over to join Jensen look at a map on the table, I turned my attention back to the road ahead, turning up the volume on the radio as Murderdolls Nowhere began to play. I couldn’t help but sing along, hearing Kenzie also sing along in the background. I looked next to me to see Norman looking at me with a smile playing on his lips. ‘What?’

‘Nothing.’ He smiled. ‘You know, you have a beautiful singing voice.’ He said as he returned his gaze to the road.

‘Thank you’ I blushed. ‘Even though I know your fibbing as I’ve heard myself sing before’ I laughed.

‘Roswell!’ Kenzie shouted making me jump.

‘Roswell what?’ I said back to her.

‘Roswell, New Mexico, that’s where we should stay.’

‘What with the Aliens and shit.’ Norman said what I was thinking.

‘Oh come on, it will be fun. We can by some UFO crap for the RV’ She said hopping about. ‘Pweeze. It’s only like another hours drive, not even that. We can find a motel there.’

‘Ok, as long as none of you get abducted by Aliens it sounds like a plan.’

The drive to Roswell only took 40 minutes, quicker than we had expected it to be. We found a reasonable motel off of the main road called ‘La Quinta Inn’.  It wasn’t anything fancy but would do us for the night. We booked two inter joining rooms, so that we could still be a group. Of course it was myself and Kenzie in one room, the guys in the other. We were currently in our own rooms, with plans to meet up and go get some food before going for a few drinks. I chucked my clothes holdall on the bed, before flopping down on the mattress.