Chapter 2

Mrs. Dayton moved aside to let a new kid in my sight. He had Carmel colored hair that was straightened and went just above his shoulders. His blue-gray eyes nervously darted around the room. The poor kid starting a new life in a new school must be rough. The new kid was wearing a black veil brides shirt which I found awesome because I loved bvb. He had on a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of black converses. I was curious but then again who wasn't? Here in Rogers, there aren't many people who move here because people are to busy moving out.

   Mrs. Dayton smiled a sickeningly sweet smile as she wobbled over to Mrs. Helvia. The new kid just shifted uncomfortably in the doorway with all eyes on him. He looked panicked. "Ermagurd!" I yelled. I glanced around and as I expected now everyone was staring at me.

    "What Sam?" My friend Zoey asked. Fuck I needed to come up with something quick. 

    "Did anyone hear the new song by Imagine Dragons on the radio?" I questioned. Some of the girls seemed confused and some of them nodded along with a few boys but most of the guys seemed inattentive to anything at all other than Zoe's boobs.

   I peered over at the new kid that was staring at me relieved and he mouthed the words, 'thank you.'

    I wavered my hand showing him it was no big deal. moments after Mrs. Dayton left the room and Mrs. Helvia looked pissed. She sighed, "Looks like we got a new student in health guys and gals. Why don't you have a seat next to the redhead over there I think you can handle Sam. What's your name?"

    "Johnnie..."

     "Well, Johnnie welcome to RCHS and health." Mrs. Helvia replied. Johnnie just nodded and made his way to the desk right beside me. Oh my god, he was attractive but I pushed that thought to the side because I knew he would want some friends and that's where I normally come in.

     I'm the girl that gets the new kid comfortable and after a few weeks, they don't need me anymore because I was replaced. Now, why would this be any different? Mrs. Helvia started talking about Calories and daily diet information but I couldn't stay focused. My eyes kept on drifting over to Johnnie who seemed to be struggling to keep up with the notes. Hmm... I rose my hand.

       It must have touched Pookie on the way up because he's head turned faster than I thought humanly possible. I looked at him like 'what the hell' and he just turned back around. "Mrs. Heinz?"

     "Can you slow down a bit I'm having trouble keeping up?" I questioned with a half smirk. She nodded and a few other students whispered some thank yous. Johnnie just stared at me. Then he peered at my notebook. Once he realized all my notes were done he glared at me.

    "What you're done?" Johnnie whispered harshly.

     "So I knew she was going pretty fast and I knew no one would say anything so I thought I'd help," I stated in a hushed tone.

      Johnnie's expression softened, "Oh that was nice." He then started to hurriedly catch up. I just smiled and doodled a bvb sign in my notebook.

       I leaned over and told him, "I love your shirt by the way. BVB Army forever."

       "I think this a beginning of a beautiful friendship," Johnnie grinned.

      "Agreed!"

      Pookie turned around and flatly said, "Replacing me I see."

       Before I could reply the bell rang. Joey was already out of his seat and racing towards the door. I cleared the whole Pookie thing out of my mind."So, Johnnie what class do you have next?" I asked as we quickly gathered our things.