Chapter 11- A Day In The Life Of A Dancer

Kayla's P.O.V.
July 3, 2012

I woke up early remembering that I had to go to Abby's to practice for the competition in 2 days. She hasn't told me what I'm doing yet but I know one is a duet. I want to have at least 2 days to practice the duet especially if it's with Chloe because she's a beautiful dancer and can out dance me anytime she really wants to. Also, Dance Track magazine wants to do an article on me today to see how normal dancers or well known people are. I went into the bathroom and took a shower, washing my hair, and brushed my teeth putting on some sweats. I was just aboit to wake Jay up when the doorbell rung. I skipped downstairs and opened the door she a lady with chestnut brown hair down to her waist and a man with dark brown hair holding a camera.
"Hi I'm Megan and that's Tom. We are from Dance Track Magazine and are here to follow you around and see how you live" Megan said.
"Ok well I'm Kayla, come on in" I said moving to the side, "I was just about to wake up Justin, you guys can come if you want" I suggested.
"No he probably wants his space in the morning" Megan argued.
"No it's fine he won't mind at all" I said walking up the stairs with them following.
I walked into our room seeing Justin laying on his stomach with his arms laying horizontally. I climbed on him and straddled his back.
"Wake up Jay" I said rubbed his shoulders.
"No" he groaned.
"Dance Track magazine is already here and we need to pick up Chloe" I whispered in his ear running my fingers through his hair, scratching his scalp.
"Only his you promise to do this everyday in the morning and before I sleep" He said referring to what I was doing.
"I promise" I replied.
He turned over and place his hands on my hips smiling at me. I placed a kiss on his forehead and put my hands on his chest. He leaned up giving me a kiss on my cheek and said he was gonna take a shower. I told Megan that she could come with me into the closet and help me pick out my outfit. She picked out a pink sports bra and dark gray shorts. She went out so I could change and I put on a blue tank with Justin's signature across it, black sweatpants and Justin's blue supras over top. Justin came out if the bathroom and asked me to wait for him so I did. We walked downstairs and into the kitchen to get something to eat. I ate toast and strawberry with sugar sprinkled on top of them. The whole time they were taking pictures but I got use to getting my picture taken every moment I go out. Not to sound cocky or anything. On the way out the door I grabbed my dance bag and a change of clothes cause Jay had a meet and greet today. We got in the car and drove to the hotel that Chloe and Christi were staying to see them just walking outside. I got out of the front seat letting Christi sit there and climbed in the back the Chloe. Justin met Christi so they were chatting and occasionally laughing.
"How have you been?" I asked Chloe sitting back in my seat.
"I've been good, I heard about you getting signed hows that going" She asked eagerly.
"I haven't been in the studio yet cause I was sick and have nothing to sing but it seems like everybody is more excited than I am" I laughed.
"Are you excited to be with us this week?" She wondered.
"Yeah cause sometimes competing by yourself gets lonely" I answered.
We arrived at the dance studio and got out the car.
"Hey Jay, I'll be at your there an hour late okay?" I said.
"That's fine Kenny is gonna pick you up" he said giving me a kiss.
"Bye love you" I said walking into the studio.
"Love you too" he yelled out the car.
I walked into the den and was tackled with hugs from everybody. Abby came in and said we had 15 minutes to stretch and talk cause she had an important call. She gave me a hug and congratulated me on my wins since I saw her last.
"Hey Kayla, how have you been?" Jill asked.
"Good, a tired but it's okay" I answered.
"How is Justin?" Melissa asked. Of course she would ask that!
"He's tired but he's at a signing today, he just dropped Chloe and I off" I replied.
"Are you going to be in L.A. soon?" Christi Rae asked.
"Uh, maybe in a month" I said.
"GIRLS & MOMS COME IN PLEASE" Abby shouted from the next room. All the girls and moms along with Megan and Tom walked in.
"So this week we have 2 special guest" Abby announced.
"Sophia and Kayla" She finished and clapped.
"Getting to the pyramid, yes moms Kayla is on her judging by her last visit" Abby said.
"On the bottom of the pyramid is MacKenzie, Paige, Brooke,Kendall and Asia" She said ripped of the paper in front of their headshots.
"In the middle row is Nia, Maddie, Sophia" Abby spoke. The top row had two shots but they were far apart.
"On the top of the pyramid is Chloe" She said making everybody clap.
"And over here is Kayla" She said making everybody clap again.
"This weekend we are going to Starpower dance competition", "The assignment are the group dance Angels and Demons, Maddie you have a solo, Sophia has a solo, Chloe and Kayla you guys have a duet" She announced making me and Chloe squeal in excitement.
"That's only 4 routines" Jill said.
"Since Maddie is the reigning national champion in the 9-10 catergory I decided she should go against this years national champion in the catergory she would be entered in if she gets a solo next year." Abby spoke up.
"So the last dance is going to Kayla with a solo and you're also going to be featured in the group dance" Abby said making the moms smirk and Melissa and Maddie frown a in worry.
"Is that okay with you?" Abby questioned me.
"Yes" I said.
"Ok moms you're dismissed, girls go in the corner, Kayla you're on the other side and MacKenzie you're in front facing backwards" Abby directed.
"Kayla slowly walk on stage and look back as if something scary was following you" Abby instructed and I did as told. We spent a hour on the group dance and Abby started Maddie's solo and was doing Sophia's solo next. We took a break, got some water and relaxed for 10 minutes while Maddie was practicing her solo. I got up and walked to the door peeking my head in.
"Sorry for interupping your practice" I said to Maddie "But can I take Chloe and Nia into Studio C to go over technique, turns, leaps and face emotions?" I asked.
"Sure! Just make sure it's okay with the moms" Abby answered.
I went upstairs to where the moms were and leaned over the couch and faced Holly and Christi.
"Can I take your kid in another room and do basic things with them?" I wondered.
"Yeah/ Always" They replied at the same time. I went back downstairs and got the girls then headed into the other room.
Christi's P.O.V.
"Why does Kayla never take Kendall or Maddie for a little extra practice?" Jill asked out loud.
"Cause they are the one's with the least chance and Chloe is always be critized by Abby" I stated.
"And Kayla feels that Nia never gets looked at enough by Abby so she helps her" Holly said.
"I want Kayla to be an amazing dancer to" Jill whined.
"She's not even all that good" Jackie said making everyone rolls their eyes.
Justin's P.O.V.
I drove to the building and parked with car meeting Kenny outside. We walked in through the backdoor and went to the table the was set up with markers and photos of me. I made all the girls (and guys) scream when I walked in. Haha. I stood up on the little stage and waved to everybody saying hey.
"Is Kayla here?" Someone asked.
"Not right now, she'll be here in a hour cause she's at dance, if any of you guys want to wait I know she will take pictures with you guys" I replied.
I started taking pictures with fans and signing autographs waiting for Kayla to come.
Kayla's P.O.V.
"Chloe, Kayla, Abby wants you to now" Asia informed us.
"Thank you" I said.
"Your duet is called Black Swan based on the ballet, Kayla your the white one and Chloe your the black one" Abby said.
"Kayla you start on the floor and Chloe your over her with your arms up wrist to wrist and right leg popped" Abby told us. We finished the dance and it was 5 and everyone else has left so the only people left are Abby and I.
"Alright Kayla, I know you've shaken up Maddie and Sophia. You are a beautiful dancer so lets show them what they should be like. Your solo is called Another Girl" Abby said.
"Ok" I nodded.
"It could be be about you liking a boy but he likes another girl so you're upset. Maybe that boy could be Justin?" Abby suggested.
"Maybe" I grinned.
"Don't think no one saw that kiss you guys had before you walked in" Abby noted making me turn around and walk away. My dance took 45 minutes to finish. I got my stuff and walked out. I saw that Melissa and Jackie's cars we just driving off and shook my head. I saw that Kenny was here and got in the car. We went to Chick Fil-A getting food. He drove me home so I could take a shower and get changed. I put on a sports bra that said I don't sweat I Sparkle, black sweatpants and galaxy vans. I threw my hair in a bun and went downstairs. We drove to the venue.
Justin's P.O.V.
I heard some screaming and wolf whistles and looked to my right. I saw Kayla walking up in of course a sports bra carrying a drink. I snatched her waist pulling her towards me and yelled mine making the guys put their hands up in surrender and the girls scream.
"How was your day?" I murmured.
"Good, I have a solo and so does Sophia and Maddie so they're scared, a duet with Chloe and I'm featured in the group" She mumbled.
"I'm so proud of you" I said looking in her eyes.
"Really" she asked her eyes lighting up.
"Yeah, you have a line of fans waiting for you" I whispered.
"Ok" she whispered getting out of my grip.
"Wait" I almost yelled. I gave her a quick kiss on the lips suddenly wanting to feel her lips on mine and everybody screamed. When I got done I watched Kayla. When she said I love you to a fan who was a boy I wanted to punch him and tell him not to talk to her. One guy asked for a kiss on the cheek and when she gave him one my heart literally hurt and I got up saying that I was too hot. I went to my dressing room and paced. Why did I want to hurt that innocent guy? Was I jealous? Did I have feelings for her? Confused I slouched on the couch and groaned closing my eyes.
Scooter's P.O.V.
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! He's jealous. He's realizing his feelings.
"Pattie!" I yelled.
"In here" she called. I walked in the room seeing that she was talking to Ryan, Carin, and Alison.
"He's jealous" I exclaimed.
"What happened?" They asked.
"A guy said I love you to Kayla and Justin started clenching his fist and looked annoyed. Another guy asked for a kiss on the cheek and when she gave him one he said he was hot and went to his dressing room and hasn't came out" I squealed.
"He's falling inlove" Pattie sighed happily.
Kayla's P.O.V.
After I got done I went to Jay's dressing room. His eyes were closed and he was sitting on the couch. I silently closed the door and straddled his lap. Lately I've been doing this a lot. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pushed me down so we were chest to chest. After 10 minutes of silence he spoke up.
"I don't like you kissing other guys or saying I love you to them" He whispered.
"Really?" I asked.
"You're mine, I don't share" He stated.
"I'll always be yours" I said hugging him.
He pressed his lips onto mine giving me a soft loving kiss.
"Mine, My Kayla" He whispered.
"Aww" The crew said meaning they had heard our conversation.
We went home and straight to our room. We took off our shoes and clothes then climbed in bed. He cuddled into my chest and grabbed my hand placing it on his head meaning he wanted me to play with his hair and scalp. His eyelids drooped and he put his arm around my waist cuddling into me more. I kept playing with his hair and went on twitter. The picture of Justin kissing me was everywhere. I tweeted:
Goodnight <3
Then I shut off my phone placing a kiss on Justin's forehead and fell asleep.