Ch. 4

(Pic above is Jasmine's outfit. I did really good if I do say so myself)

Jasmine's POV

After Thaddeus left, we made our way towards the backstage to get ready for our performance.

"I don't think I told you but, you look beautiful tonight." Jack whispered in my ear, flashing a megawatt smile.

"Thanks." I whispered back, a faint blush tainting my cheeks.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Savoy management welcomes you to tonight's special performance, The Five Horsemen, Act Two." The announcer said over the loud speaker.

I cracked my knuckles, excited to get started.

"Unlike traditional performances, The Five Horsemen encourage you to film, call your friends, upload, stream, and tweet the show freely. Thank you. The show will begin in a few minutes."

"Arthur Tressler presents Jack Wilder, Henley Reeves, Merritt McKinney, Jasmine Scott, and Daniel Atlas." As he said our names we all stepped out.

"The Five Horsemen."

"Thank you. Before we begin, we'd like to single out two people in particular." Daniel started.

"A man and a woman to whom we'd like to dedicate tonight's performance. FBI Agent Dylan Rhodes and the lovely, if somewhat inexperienced, Interpol Agent Alma Dray, everyone." I announced, pointing out to them as a spotlight found them.

The crowd booed as the two FBI agents had a light shine on them.

"Yeah, Agent Rhodes has personally vowed to "nail us." And we encourage him to do so if he has the brains and the fur." Merritt said sarcastically.

"All joking aside, let's begin." I smiled, making the crowd cheer again.

"What is magic? Our argument, nothing but targeted deception." Daniel started it off.

"So I want you to look. Look as closely as possible. Because the tricks you are about to see may not seem connected. But we assure you, they are."

"Is what follows 100 different tricks? Or is it one giant illusion?" He ended dramatically, the crowd clapping in excitement.

Me, Jack, and Merritt stepped off the stage so Daniel and Henley could perform. Throughout the performance we did basic tricks that everyone sees in a typical, cliché magic show.

Me and Jack did some card tricks together, Jack did some card throwing, Daniel and Henley did the classic disappearing rabbit, and Merritt hypnotized some people to tackle whoever says freeze.

Then we all stepped out onto the stage.

"At the intermission, we asked you to write down your current bank balance, and seal it in an envelope. Now it's time to take those envelopes out." Daniel began our next bit.

"Everyone take 'em out. Now, everybody, shout out your name. All at once. Go." I told the crowd.

"Shout 'em out." Henley encouraged.

Everyone was shouting out names and Merritt was trying to pick out a few.

"Clement? Frannick?"

"Yeah! Up here!"

"Okay. Dina? Robertson?"

"That's me!"