Nate

I tried to hide how much I wanted her as she sat talking with her family, but judging by the look her father was giving me, I dont think I did a very good job. I leaned down to kiss Aliya's cheek and stood up, telling her I'd be going to bed early.

"I'll come with you." She said starting to get up. Her mom laughed and her father shook his head trying to hide his chuckles. Though I would absolutely love it if she came with me to our room, right now's not a very good time to be alone with her. She's still fifteen, married or not, I refuse to do something she might regret later on.

"No, its okay Lia," I said, pushing her into her seat, "stay with your family for a while. I know you haven't seen them since I got here."

"But Nate," she whined, "I wanna be with you."

"Give them an hour sweetheart."

"But Nate,"

Deciding to just tell her, I leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Give me an hour sweetheart, I need to stop wanting you." Her cheeks bloomed red as she nodded before kissing my cheek.

"You get one hour, " she murmured, "spend it wisely." I smiled and said goodnight to the King and Queen then all but ran to the room, it was starting to hurt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aliya came in face-flushed an hour later and I pretended to be asleep. I heard her walk up to the bed and let out a breath before she climbed on top of me, smoothing her hand over my bare chest. I resisted the shivers running through my body as she kissed my shoulder and worked her way up to my ear. She spent extra time there before she whispered,

"I know you're awake Nate." I opened my eyes smiling up at her and she laughed as she left her spot on top of me to walk to her closet. I followed her and helped her take off her dress.

When she was just in her underclothes, I pulled her close and kissed her neck. "What will it be today princess?" I asked in a teasing voice. "Lace or sheets?"

She laughed and leaned into me before turning around and capturing my face in her hands. "I think," she ghosted her lips around my jaw and I pulled her closer, "I feel like sheets tonight."

I stripped her naked and carried her to the bed, loving the way she fit perfectly in my arms. She giggled as I placed her on the bed and proceeded to wrap the sheets around her perfectly beautiful body.

"You know," I started, tucking the sheet around her toned torso, "You grew up wonderfully my love."

"Thank you Nate." She whispered, a small smile on her lips, "I did my best to grow into someone worth your love, though I'm not sure how well I've done." She bit her lip.

I let go of the sheet and caressed her blushing cheek. "You are absolutely beautiful Aliya. Thank you allowing me to love you Princess."

Her purple-pink eyes shined and she lifted her other hand to my cheek. "Thank you for loving me so kindly Nate." Tears sprang to her eyes and I brushed them away. I kissed her forehead and lied down next to her, tucking her into my side. She threw her arm across my chest and I leaned down to kiss the top of her head. She burrowed her head in my neck and promptly fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up to Aliya's strangled scream as her Nethaura rolled off of her body in thick smoky waves. The sheet I had wrapped around her lay on the floor as she writhed on the bed, her Marks shining with a glaring light.

She screamed and I moved off the bed to kneel beside her careful not to touch my wife while she's Nething.

"Sweetheart, please let me help." I whispered, wishing to take her pain away.

"N-no I can handle this," she gasped, "just get me some i-ice. It helps speed it up."

"Aliya, please darling." I lifted a hand to touch her cheek but she flinched away.

"No!"

"Lia, please," I begged, "let me help you, I know sweetheart, I know it hurts to touch but I can help you."

"But N-nate, even D-daddy hurts. And
A-Aiden t-too." My heart broke at her expression. In the event that the chosen Mate is unable to tend to their Mate, its possible to relieve the Nething with help from his/her family members. I'm assuming that it did not work for my princess because I've simply been gone too long. Most Mates go no longer than a day apart but my poor Aliya has had to go a full five years with absolutely no contact.

My eyes misting, I moved as close as I could without touching her and bowed my head. "I'm sorry Princess, I truly am, if I were stronger I wouldn't have had to have left and you wouldn't be so lonesome in your torture."

"Oh Nate," She whispered. She lifted a hand and put it on my neck. My neck started to burn as her Nethaura wrapped itself around me. She grimaced but a few short seconds later she looked the slightest bit relieved.

She removed her hand and her eyes widened as she looked at me, then her hand, then me again. "Nate,"she breathed, "T-touching you hel-lped me, but-" She traced her fingers above where I felt a burning before. "Nate, I'm giving you Marks."

I held her hand in mine, causing it to burn, and placed it over my heart. The skin she touched burned and glowed before it cooled and left a white geometric Mark. Aliya tried to pull her hand away but I simply kissed her palm and looked up into her eyes.

"I live my life for you Aliya. If I could do anything, anything, to ease you pain, I will love." I climbed in next to her and pulled her tightly to me. She moaned in relief as I hissed with the sudden onslaught to my senses.

"Nate," she gasped, "I don't- mmm- I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't darling," I combed through her hair with my fingers, "you never could." I brought her lips to mine and her Nethaura flared before it fell down to levels lower than before. " Now Mark me, and relieve your pain my love. It hurts me to see you in such agony." Her eyes lit up a pure bright yellow and she climbed on top of me, her Nethaura a thick pink cloud slowly turning purple. She cupped my shoulders and trailed her hands down my chest and over my biceps, her hands leaving a train of glowing burn in its wake. She leaned down to kiss me and the world fell away.