Chapter 6: Tabletop, Part 1

"It's all true, Evelyn. I am dead, but that's about all I can remember," said Sara. "I remember that there were six of us who died. We were all Outcasts, but we banded together. We called ourselves Cohen's Chosen, but I don't remember why. You need to find my friend Tabletop. He can give you the answers you need."

At this, Sara disappeared and Evelyn found herself being awoken by Liz on the floor of the supply closet. "Hey, Liz, do you know anything about a guy named Tabletop?" she asked. Liz responded by telling her that Sara never stopped talking about him back when she was alive. She said that he really enjoyed playing card and board games and was always reading. "Why do you ask?" she questioned. At this, Evelyn explained everything that had just happened with Sara. Liz didn't respond, but she had a worried look on her face.

Later that day, after lunch, Evelyn decided to go looking for Tabletop. Knowing about his love for reading and card games led her to one place: the library. After searching for twenty minutes, she finally found it. When she entered, it was empty, except for a nerdy-looking kid with glasses and brown hair in a dorky bowl cut. Evelyn walked over and heard him talking to himself.

"Why can't I leave the library?"