Chapter 4: The Boy, The Girl, and Her Brother

Having finally gotten directions to her classroom, Evelyn ran down the hall, when BANG! She ran right into someone else. Upon getting a closer look, she saw that it was a guy. He was tall and muscular with curly black hair. He seemed to have a little stubble on his chin. After helping her up, he said, "you're not from around here, are you? The name's Dean. That's a nice camera. Do you like photography?" Evelyn, not knowing how to respond, said a simple yes. After talking for a while, Dean invited her to sit with him and his friends at lunch.

Later that day, Evelyn, still lost, was headed to lunch. She noticed Dean sitting at a table with two others. There was an intelligent-looking redhead and and a guy with shaggy brown hair. Dean looked up and said, "Hey, guys! This is Evelyn. She's new here and needs a few friends." As Evelyn sat down, the redhead spoke. "Nice to meet you Evelyn. I'm Elizabeth Bates, but most people just call me Liz. And this is my brother Troy." Troy looked like he was lost in thought and didn't say anything. "I haven't seen you around before. Are you new here?" asked Liz. Evelyn simply nodded in agreement, so Liz continued, "That's cool. So, have you met anyone else? Besides the 'Welcoming Committee' of Bridgett and Amber, that is."

"Well, I met this girl Sara. She had this punk -rock style and short hair. She seemed like a bit of an outcast." At that point, Liz had a stunning realization. "You need to come with me."