LXXIII

Dear Edmund:

I don't deal well with goodbyes, never have. Sometimes it's not even the person leaving (because they always do, don't they?), but the thought of being alone what scares me.

And I'm not talking to Natalie anymore. And I have mixed feelings. Because I miss talking to someone while I'm in English class, since she just drifted away. On the other hand, it's less complicated that way, the whole situation with...y'know.

And it seems that you're drifting too, you don't text me to ask me questions anymore, and sometimes you ignore mine, and I know you thought that the texting bothered me, but Edmund, it really doesn't.

And you're changing seats more often, and when you're next to me you look like you want nothing more than to not be.

They changed our seats today anyway, and you are no longer seating next to me.

And I never thought I'd miss things as insignificant as you asking me for the piece of cloth I use to clean my glasses, because you wear glasses too. Or me being the first one you tell when you are not feeling well, you agreeing to go home when I tell you to go and rest, you asking me to hand in your assignments when you leave. Or the homework trading when you didn't do you English homework and I didn't do my math one. Or the friendly competition to get the highest grade in every class, because we're nerds like that. Or the constantly saving each other, when we forget class material but the other one has a spare because we saw it coming.

Or even the smallest things, like when we make eye contact and we crack up laughing, some dumb inside joke, probably. Or just the look on each other's faces.

And I will miss all that Edmund.

I will miss you, because I knew that if you didn't have me right there next to you, we wouldn't talk at all.