Prologue

“It takes a big heart to point out a fault and to forgive them at the same time. Thank you.” @Conleyswifey

Hi Fans & Readers I actually changed my whole story. One reader pointed out some faults in my writing. I fixed as much as I can today and will keep working on it until I get a perfect story( I know I have a long way to go lol). I would really like to thank that member and dedicate this chapter to her. 

November 6, 1821 (18 years ago)

The fire on the hearth burned brightly illuminating the house with its warmth and light. Little Isabell Rivers sat on the ground that was littered with all her favorite toys. She could hear the cries of her new little sister, Anna from upstairs. She looked up with a frown and stared at the man that was standing by the hearth.

His back was turned to her but she still knew he was a handsome fellow who was tall with dark brown hair to his shoulder, kind brown eyes and a smile that was always there for her. Isabell got up from the ground, straightened her yellow evening dress and walked over to her father. She mimicked the way he was standing with arms crossed in the back and stared into the fire as he was doing.

Sir John River's couldn't hold back the smile that started in his heart and ended in his face. He felt the presence of his adorable daughter next to him. He knew she was standing just like him and he also knew that she is about to speak in 5 seconds. He started counting in his head.

5...4...3..2...1

“Father, may I ask you something?”

John grinned and stared down at his daughter.

“of course my darling. What is it?”

There was a adult like seriousness and concern in her eyes as she looked up at. Sometimes he wondered if she was really five years of age.

“Can we give Anna back to God?”

Her father kneeled on the ground before her, a confused look crossed his face.

“Why should we do that, my dear?”

Isabell sighed and looked at the burning fire again as she answered her father's question.

“I think she misses God and that is why she cries all day” she whispered thoughtfully

She looked over at her father and watched as her father bowed his head. His shoulder was shaking, she walked over to pet her father's shoulder.

“Don't cry father. You have me.”

Her father looked up and she was surprised to find that he was laughing. She was scooped up into his arms and hugged her.

He remembered the talk they had last week about where babies come from. He explained that God gave her mother and him, Anna to love and cherish.

“Oh my dear child, Anna cries because she is a baby and that's what babies do.”

“Oh. Then I cried too when I was a baby!” Isabell exclaimed proudly pointed at herself

“Oh yes you did, but after a few months later this house was filled with your laughter.” Isabell giggled as her father tickled her.

“Well, this looks quit cozy. Mind for another company?”

Isabell looked over to where the voice came from and saw her mother standing near the staircase. Lady Emma Rivers was a beautiful woman with a slender figure, raven black hair, dark brown laughing eyes,and a adorable dimple that appeared on her left cheek when she smiled. She wore a simple green evening dress with empire waist and modest neck line with her hair pinned up in a bow with some soft curls falling in front of her face.