Chapter 5 - the car.

Lilly's p.o.v

I was sitting outside, the sun was setting a crimson red, I was sitting on a swing in the park, I watched the sun set, but it was then covered by clouds. I sighed, the park was empty and the streets were empty because it's almost curfew, so I started to walk home, the wind started picking up and the clouds covered the sky turning it dark, I looked up to see a white rectangle shape falling down, it landed on the ground not far from me, in some bushes.

So, I searched in the bush. I picked up the object which appeared to be an envelope with some smudged writing on it, I stuffed it in my pocket, and continued walking home.

I felt a cold drop of water on my face, and then more. Great, it was raining. I started running and I put my hands over my head, I looked at my watch, it was 8:30pm curfew starts at 9pm, the rain came down even quicker.

I was on my street, as I ran past the houses everyone had their curtains closed, I ran into my garden and up to the door and started banging on it, the door opened and I rushed in dripping water everywhere. The clock stroke 9pm, I had just got back in time, I looked out the window and everything just went pure black, you couldn't even see the garden.

My brother came downstairs and laughed at me. My parents just stared at me, and didn't say anything.

But my dad spoke, "you could of been lost" he said, I shrugged,

"I could of just hide somewhere until morning" I replied and he shook hid head,

he replied "the beasts can find you anywhere" he walked to the window and opened the curtain he looked outside, I looked at the window and then I saw a small car with headlights that searched for anything and anyone, the car stopped and pointed its headlights in a direction, I walked to the window to see where it was pointing, it was pointing at a small young boy, he had his hands up, a claw came out and grabbed his waist lifting him up into the car.

The car drove off like nothing had happened, searching with its headlights like prey. I looked at dad,

"The car searches for shape shifters, their original form is a robotic dog, but it can transform into anything, the car can detect one because they have no heart, the headlights are like scanners scanning the body for a heart, the beasts eat on us after curfew because the streets go pitch black and they are able to see in the dark, they were originally to keep us from harm and protect us but something inside them changed, they started attacking our people, it was as if they had a computer virus, no one could control them,they were driven off by the guards, but they learned that we have curfew and could attack anyone lurking in the streets lost, and un armed"

I stared in shock, "B-but how do they keep coming back if the car takes them all?" I asked

"We believe that the first robotic dog that was made was not a dog, but a human but the human robot failed and was left, and shut down. But in the factory the next day the human robot was gone. We think that the human robot makes robotic dogs out of scrap metal left over from the old dogs, and powers them with its power, this human robot could also be the reason why the dogs changed, but others may think different" he replies, I'm speechless I just walk upstairs into my room and sit on my bed, and the envelope falls our, I forgot about it, I open it to find a letter, saying

" whoever screamed, you nearly burst my ear drums, thanks a whole lot!" I laugh, because that obviously means me, but whoever wrote this I don't know because we're supposed to write a letter to everyone when it's their birthday so I get used to the writing, but I don't know who's this is, I place it down and think but, I remembered my mail for my brother, I rushed to my secret hiding place, luckily my brother hasn't found it yet and it's still there I open it and read the letter,

"This Saturday we will meet up and we will carry out the plan we discussed a couple of days ago, you know the one about the protector? Of course how could you forgot? Be there or else you're dead, and I mean it"

Saturday is tomorrow, and if my brother doesn't read this he won't be where ever he needs to be! I placed it neatly back inside a sealed it off, and I pushed it under his bedroom door, I went to bed after that, and fell asleep all I could think about was the robotic dogs and the human robot, and my brothers little secret....