Chapter 12

I.M's Pov

Right after class, i walked Nayeon to the bus stop near school.

"I'm sorry i couldn't walk you home." I said.

"It's okay. And dont worry, those girls are gone now. Nothing will happen to me." She said.

"No. They might come back. But this time, i should go to practice early. We have a new team mate and i have missed quite a lot of practices."

"I'm sorry, I.M. Dont worry from now on, i can take care of myself. The tournament is just around the corner, right? You should practice well. The bus is here. Bye!" She said.

"Bye! Text me if you arrived home." I said.

Wow. I'm not her boyfriend but I feel like one.

Hyungnims asked me for a favor but right now, i think i'm doing this as a concerned friend.

The bus left.

I went back to school and changed on the locker room of the team.

I then went to the basketball court. As usual, there are audiences. Most likely, girls. They fangirl every practice and to my surprise, i also have some fans. Isn't that amazing? ㅋㅋㅋ

"I.M!!" Hyungwon hyung called me.

I ran to them.

"Meet our new team mate. Jooheon-ssi." Kihyun hyung introduced him.

Wait. What?

"Nice to meet—"

"You??!" I shouted, pointing at him.

"You know each other?" Shownu hyung asked. They all looked surprised.

"No." Jooheon said.

"Yes." I said.

We said it together again. I glared at him and he just smiled at me.

We will never be friends. I know it.

"What's this?" Hyungwon hyung scoffed. They all laughed.

"Ya, are you friends? Or enemies?" Kihyun hyung asked.

"Well you should get along. We will be in one team." Wonho hyung said.

"Now shake hands." Shownu hyung demanded.

That is impossible. I hate him. I wont touch a single strand of his hair.

"Aren't you doing it?" Wonho hyung asked.

Jooheon handed his hand first.

"I.M." Shownu hyung said, raising both of his eyebrows.

I had no choice. I reached out for his hand and shook hands with him.

He gripped my hands hardly. I gripped back twice as hard as he did.

"Enough." Shownu hyung stopped us, sensing the tension between us.

"Now let's start practicing. The tournament is just around the corner." Kihyun hyung said.

The first five starters in every match were Shownu hyung, minhuk hyung, wonho hyung, hyungwon hyung and kihyun hyung.

I am just a sub along with this jooheon guy. There are other members but they are freshmen like me and some are subs too.

Kihyun hyung chooses his team mates well. During the recruitment day, we were given certain tasks and only those who can do it passed. It was hard. He didnt become a captain for nothing.

We scattered and got ready for warm up and drills.

"I.M." kihyun hyung went to me.

"What, hyung?"

"Uhh.."

"Nayeon?" He is so funny. He look shy. I wanted to laugh but i stopped myself. He'll punish me with numerous drills if i did.

"Ne." He said.

"I walked with her until the bus stop. I told her to send me a text when she got home."

"Oh okay then." He then turned around and walked away. He seem a little worried.

"Hyung!" I called him.

"What?" He turned back.

"I'm sorry if i let her leave alone."

"No need to be sorry. She is not your responsibility. It's mine."

Did i hear it right?

He said she's his responsibility.

My eyes widened in shock.

"I.. i mean she is my responsibility be.. because my fans could hurt her anytime for being too.. too close to me." He stuttered.

"Then dont come too close to her."

Oh shit.

What did i just say? Aarrrrgghh!

Am i crazy?!

"No hyung. I mean.. I mean you.. uhh.." I cleared my throat. I cant find the right words to say.

Why the fuck did i even say that?

He looked a little surprised.

"Do your warm ups." He said instead.

Crap. Is he angry?

Damn it.