Chapter 40

Nayeon Pov

"You guys should date already." IM said. I let go of kihyun and turned to the guys. I then realized that the crowd were still there, cheering for us. I suddenly got embarassed.

"Huh?! I thought they're dating already. I thought this is just a surprise thingy for nayeon." Minhyuk said.

"You're way too slow, minhyuk." Wonho said.

"Uhm.. Before we argue over this stuff, can we just please get out of this place? My embarassment meter is about to explode." I interrupted.

"Okay, so let's go to kihyun's house and have a congratulatory party for the both of you." Hyungwon suggested. The other guys does not seem to dislike the idea and they immediately agreed.

"Ya! Dont just decide on your own!" Kihyun exclaimed.

"Imo will understand. And besides, she met nayeon already, right?" Wonho said.

"Well.. That's true. But-"

"Come on! Let's enjoy while we still can. The tournament is just around the corner." IM said.

"Our maknae is right. Dont be too stiff about it." Shownu said to kihyun as he tap his shoulders.

"Said the one who isn't stiff." Jooheon said.

We all laughed. Jooheon has a point though. Shownu smiled, his eyes gone again, and went to jooheon. He tapped his shoulders and gripped it tightly.

"Shall we do some warm ups?" He said, still smiling.

"I did wrong. Forgive me, hyung." Jooheon smiled and tapped shownu's hand twice.

I saw kihyun laugh and the other guys.

"Okay, enough playing around. Let's just all meet at kihyun's house." Wonho said. "Hyungwon, IM, and I will buy stuffs at the convenience store. We'll see you there."

"Arasseo. Then Jooheon and I will go with shownu hyung. Be careful in driving, Wonho." Minhyuk said.

Hyungwon, Wonho and IM left first. Then Minhyuk, Jooheon and Shownu walked on the opposite direction, where shownu parked his car.

"Shall we?" Kihyun asked as he reached for my hand.

"Hmm." I nodded.

We walked back to his car and he drove all the way to his house. When we arrived, his mom greeted us.

"Oh, Nayeon-ah. Welcome back!"

"Ne. I'm back, eohmoni." I said as i flashed a smile.

"Eomma, ny friends will be here any minute from now. We'll be having a little party." Kihyun said as we entered his house.

"Kurae? What is the occassion?"

"That's-" I got interrupted when minhyuk jumped in the doorway behind us.

"Eohmoni!" He shouted. He hugged minsoo-ssi and she was surprised.

"It's good to see you boys again." She said.

"Eohmoni, I'm Jooheon. I was the last member to join the team. It's nice to meet you." Jooheon said as he smiled. His dimples showed and eohmoni seemed so fond of it.

"Waaah. How cute. Uri kihyunie also has those dimples. It's nice to meet you too." She said as she reached out for jooheon cheeks.

"Eohmoni~" Minhyuk said in a protestive way. "We're your babies too."

Eohmoni chuckled. "I know that." She then messed minhyuk's hair. "Anyway, i'll be on the kitchen and prepare something for you guys. This is so sudden so i couldn't promise you anything extravagant."

"It's alright eohmoni. It's our fault for barging into your house this late. We sincerely apologize." Shownu said formally.

"Dont worry about it. I dont mind serving kihyun's friends. Feel at home." She said then headed to the kitchen.

"Hyung, your mother is so nice. Why aren't you?" Jooheon asked.

"He's nice. But not every time." I said as i glanced at kihyun and smiled.

"And now you're defending him? Hyung will surely be super nice starting today." Jooheon said, teasing kihyun.

"Okay okay. Let's just sit over there and wait for the other guys." Shownu said.

"I will go help eohmoni in the kitchen." I volunteered.

"Are you sure?" Kihyun asked.

"Yeah sure. I helped my mom a lot when i was still living with them. So dont worry about it."

"Arasseo."

"Lesson 101: How to be a housewife." Minhyuk teased.

I just smirked at him. I then headed to the kitchen.

"Eohmoni, let me help you." I said as i took an apron at the rack, where aprons are hanged.

"No need. You can just stay with them. I can do this." She was chopping some onions and i saw a lot of ingredients prepared.

"I really dont belong out there. I think i should be here." I smiled at her.

"Arasseo." She smiled back at me. "Go chop those cabbages."

I took a chopping board and a knifr and chopped the cabbages.

"Are you two dating?" She suddenly asked out of the blue.

"W-Why, eohmoni?" I said nervously.

"I would be glad if you two are because thay would mean that he has really moved on."

"From Minji-ssi?"

"You heard about her?"

"Strangely, she's actually a teacher in our school."

"What? She is?"

"Ne. But it seems that kihyun really dislikes her. I really dont know what happened between them but i wont force kihyun to tell me everything yet. I'll wait until he's ready."

"So you two are really dating. I'm haopy for you." She placed the knife down and hugged me.

"T-Thank you eohmoni. Well, we just..  Uhh.. Sort of.. Started dating a while ago."

"Dont sweat it. My son is a good guy. Thank you for being there for him."

"I'm glad. I'm glad to have met him."

We then both went back to work and finished all the dishes just in time when the other guys arrived.