Chapter 7 : First Day of Work

*ring ring*

"Hello?" I say as I bring the phone up to my face.

"Noona.." I hear a familiar calling for me.

"Huh? JungKook?"

"Help me.."

"What's wrong?"

"I.. I.."

"What? What you what?"

"I can't sleep" he chuckles.

"YA!!" I shouted into my phone, loud enough for the neighbors to hear. I hung up right away, the conversation I had with Jungkook was brief but I knew he'd be calling again, so I turned off my phone. What's was with that boy and pestering. Especially because this isn't the first time he's done this. And midnight, why always calling at midnight.

"Is everything okay?" A voice behind my door.

"Huh what?" I questioned as I snapped out of my thoughts. I got up without answering and tip toe to the door. I open the door slightly, just enough to see who's outside.

"It's just me" Taehyung says as he pushes the door to open wider.

"Is everything okay?" He repeated.

"Yeah.." I say as I look up at him and scan his messy hair.

"Okay.. I'll get going now." He says as he slowly turned around and walks toward the door.

"Is Hoseok even home yet?" I asked before his hand could reached the door knob.

"Yeah.. He texted me about an hour ago" he says as he unlocked the door and walks out.

"I'll see you tomorrow" was his last words before closing the door behind him.

I walked to the door and locked it and walked toward my bedroom. I laid down once again and closed my eyes.

Monday

The next day the boys decided to stop by early and have breakfast with me, it was nice of them because work starts at 8:30 am. I was eating my breakfast on the couch when Taehyung asked me.

"Who was the person you were talking to last night?" while scrolling through his phone.

"Some guy I met on the plane here" I reply trying to seem uninterested.

"Are you two dating?" why would he care who I go out with.

"What does it matter to you?" I ask sitting straighter staring at him.

"It doesn't, I was just curious" he says as if he was mocking me.

"Then why did you ask if you didn't care?"

"I just said curiosity didn't I?"

"Gosh you're so annoying" I sassed, catching myself speaking informally to him.

"Right back at you, babe" that last word took me off guard. No ones called me that since the guy I can't remember the name of and I had a short fling during spring break in my sophomore year of college. I got quiet after that not sure what to say. What did he expect me to say after that.