Chapter 6 : Just the Two of Us

When we got to the apartment, I unlock the door and walked in first. I held the door for Taehyung so he could get in.

"Thanks" he says as he enters.

"You're welcome, uhh you can sit on the couch"

As Taehyung set down on the sofa, I searched through the fridge to see if there were any snacks.

"Ya.. What's with all these vegetables? Do they really think I'm fat?" I said to myself while looking inside the fridge full of healthy food.

"Do you want to go buy some snacks at the conveniences store?" Taehyung speaking informally for the first time.

"Yeah.. I guess.." I answered trying to be just as informal "Is it close by?"

"Yeah I guess I mean it's right down the street.. If you don't mind the walking." He answered.

"Do we have to walk? Don't you have a car?"

"Yeah, but the keys are in the house and I don't have the keys for the house or my phone.. Unless you want me to give you a piggy back ride."

A piggyback ride sounded fun but I denied "forget it, let's go" I said shutting the refrigerator's door. Taehyung got up and waited to me as I locked the door.

"Let's take the stairs" he says.

"Noooo.. I don't want to." I say lazily.

"Come on, it's fast and it's not like we're walking up the stairs" he tried to persuade.

"Yea, well the same goes with elevators" I said walking toward the elevator.

"Do you even have money?" I stopped and turned around.

"Gosh, you're annoying" I said to myself but loud enough for him to hear me and walked down the stairs. I heard him chuckled behind my back, I walk without stopping. I walked out the lobby without knowing where to go, I assumed it was left.

"Hey it's this way.." Taehyung points the direction.

"Gosh you're annoying" I repeated.

"You know I can here you right?"

"Yeah.. that's why I said it out loud." I snapped.

"It's not making the situation any better." I ignored his smart mouth and walk without looking.

"WATCH OUT!" I hear Taehyung shouted from behind me.

I stopped myself before a motorcycle crashed into me.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING WOMAN!!" I hear another person shouting from the motorcycle.

"Next time, stay close to me.." Taehyung grabs my hand and dragged me while walking.
I tried to let go of the tight grip.

"Ya let go, you're causing a scene" I told him.

"What? I can't hear you." He mocked.

I stopped walking and Asian squat down to the ground.

"Very mature"

"Says the ones who's holding my hand." I glared at him.

"This is for your own safety"

"I'm not 5 I know how to walk"

"Do you? Do you really?" He says as he leans in closer to me.

My cheeks turned as red as a tomato and my heart starts beating fast.

"Yes"

I lean back before he can see me blushing and yanked my hand letting go of the grip. I stood up and started speed walking. As I was walking, I spot the convenience store and speed up my pace even more. I can hear Taehyung walking behind me as I enter the store.