Mom and Dad look like corpses.

I rolled onto my stomach on Connor's couch. Then the thought of my parents drifted into my head.

Connor and I looked at eachother at the same time. "Mom and Dad." We said in unison.

We raced out the door, stopping only to lock his apartment before we booked it into his car, and drove through the wreckage and over various corpses until we left town.

We saw The Undead on the sides of highways and occasionally eating roadkill, but besides that there weren't many.

That is, until we got to the city where my parents lived.

They were covering almost every street and falling off the tops of buildings, eating men, women, and even children! Nobody was safe anymore!

Connor locked the windows up and locked the doors and drove as fast as he could through the dead people. They bounced off his bumper and rolled under the tires, you could hear groaning and bones cracking through the thick metal of the car. Connor squealed to a stop in front of our parents house.

We raced inside of the house. We found our parents lying the huge pool of their own blood. Mom's withered cheek that had cute laugh lines - cute for an old person - was torn off. Her stomach contents were spilled across the floor and chunks were missing.

Dad was worse. His arms were chewed down to the bone, and his chest and ripped open so badly you could see his spine. His neck and left leg were at awkward angles, obviously broken.

I burst into tears at the sight of them. Until Dad twitched.

"Daddy?" I whispered. He sat up. "Dad." I said more forcefully. He turned his torso to look at me. "Unnn." He groaned. "Uuuuughhn!" His eyes were glassy, a washed out green instead of the vibrant green they used to be. "Kat...we've gotta go. He's gone. It isn't him." Connor wrapped his hand around my wrist and pulled me back towards him.

"Mom and Dad look like corpses." I whispered while backing up slowly from our shell of a father who was using his arms to crawl across the floor towards us, leaving a trail of blood. "They are corpses." Connor ran out of the house and back into his car just as our shell of a mother stood up and lurched forward in a limping kind of walk.

Connor threw me against the side of the car while he lept over the top and ripped open his door and swiftly unlocked the car so I could get in.

Mom - It was stumbling down the front steps. The body of my father was close behind. I tore open my door and almost dove into the car. I slammed the door shut just as my Mother's body pushed her blood smeared hands against the glass. "Ug!" She grunted. "Uuuuuhh..."

My heart was pounding ten thousand times a second. "What are you waiting for?! Let's go!!!!!!" I screamed at Connor. He pounded his foot down on the gas and tore away from our corpse family.

"What about Seth?" Connor asked. "He's probably just like them. "His wife? Abby? Micah?" Connor asked, finally looking terrified for our brother and his small family of four. Tears welled up in my eyes and dripped out of my eyes. "We can't take any chances." I whimpered.

I hate that the end of the world happened yesterday.

**

Hey guys, this is Madhatter1. I just want some feedback on what you like about my story, and about what you didn't like. I want to know what you guys think! How do you feel about Connor and Katarina's personalities??