30

"I'm so glad we're graduating at last" Mia said as she sipped on her Starbucks frappachino.

"Same"

"So, how are you and Michael?" Becky asked Mia.

"We're good. He hasn't been so depressed lately which I'm assuming is down to all of us being more active in his life"

"More like you being there to support him and he doesn't have to worry if you're whether you'll be there the next time he needs you like with Taylor" I told her.

"She was such a bitch"

"I'm glad I never met her" Becky said.

"I first met her when I worked at the bar. I met Luke first when we started school and he got me the job. Michael brought her into the bar and she was horrible. She always acted nice and I grew to tolerate her but she was a bitch"

"I mean I hate dressing like I do for work but having her basically call me a slut didn't make me feel any better when I first hung out with you guys properly"

"She's a bitch" Mia said.

"Amen, sister" She laughed at my words before standing up.

"Let's go get some graduation dresses" Becky said and we all followed her out of the coffee shop.

***

"What about this?" I asked, holding up a white asymmetrical dress.

"That's perfect" Becky said.

"It's not too short is it? You know with the overlap bit"

"It's perfect. You'll look so good" She reiterated.

"Luke'll love it" Mia winked and I rolled my eyes. "You should try this on as well though. It's your type of thing" She held out a pale pink skater dress. I nodded and took it from her.

"What about these?" Becky asked. She was holding a dark blue skater dress with cutouts on the side and a black fitted dress with lace.

"They're a bit more outgoing" Mia said. "But they're very you"

"The blue one probably suits the occasion more but the black will look really good on you and I know you prefer that one"

"I do, it's so nice" She said, holding the black dress to her chest.

"I think this one's good" Mia held out a cream dress with coral lace layered on the sides. "And this one" She held out a plain cream skater dress. "And this one" She picked out a red floral skater dress.

"OK, that's enough for you" I said as she went to pick out another dress.

"They're so pretty"

"And I need to control myself" Becky said.

"Let's find some shoes so we can try on the full outfit" Mia said. We nodded and went over to the shoe section. I picked up a pair of three inch strappy white heels. Mia picked a higher pair of classic nude heels and Becky picked up the most extravagant and high pair of black shoes she could find.

***

"Do you think graduation will be sad?" Becky asked as we drove home.

"Not as bad as school"

"Yeah, it's not like we know any of these people. The only people I know are you guys and until I met you it was just Cal and Luke" Mia said. "Are your families coming?"

"No, because mine live in LA" Becky said.

"Mine aren't. They don't care enough" I said simply.

"My brother's coming but my parents are away"

"Luke said his parents are both coming"

"They're basically all of our second parents"

"I haven't even met them yet" Becky said.

"They're really nice" I said.

"Calum's parents are coming as well" Mia said.

"What? He didn't tell me. I'm not ready to meet them" Becky exclaimed.

"Why does it matter? You guys are just friends" I asked her, smirking at Mia.

"Yeah, what she said" Mia backed me up.

"He asked me out"

"So are you guys together now?" Becky nodded.

"Fucking finally" Mia said.

"You guys are cute"

"Calum said that you and Luke had a huge conversation about me and him and how he should ask me out"

"That did happen. We were discussing it at work and then Calum came into the bar and we didn't stop talking"

"You're lucky you're practically my sister" I exaggerated my smile as Mia pulled up outside our apartment block.