32

"I quit"

"What?" Luke asked, putting down the notebook in his hands and sitting forward as I walked into his apartment

"I quit working at the bar"

"Seriously?" I nodded. "Why?"

"I'm fed up of it. I've got enough money to last me for the next few months so I quit"

"I need to quit too but I need to find another job first"

"I need to find another job asap"

"Calum and I both got an offer from a small recording studio to work there and help write and produce songs"

"That's so good. You should take it"

"I think I will. They said Calum and I would be able to work together a lot and that's what we tend to do"

"That's such a good opportunity"

"Have you heard anything from that management place?"

"They said they needed someone in the music department to work in artist relations. It's not quite what I wanted but it'll get me into the company and then I can see if I can move into the film departments and what connections they have at a later date"

"Sounds good"

"They want to interview me next week"

"Same here"

"Becky's got a job at a dance studio"

"That's good"

"Yeah, she's really happy about it"

"I feel too young to be doing grown up shit"

"Me too. Life's hard"

"We work to live"

"Sad but true" I said before leaning my head on his shoulder. "What were you writing?" I asked picking up his notebook.

"Some song ideas. Nothing exciting" I flicked through the pages.

"Is this the one you were working on?" I pointed at a song called 'Fly Away'. He nodded. I read through the lyrics. "It's so good. You've got so much talent"

"Thank you"

"If you get the job, take it. It's your calling"