Chapter 8

I kept on driving.. I didn't know where I was going. I just went on and on taking whichever turn I felt like taking. After some span of driving like a freak I started feeling better. I started looking at the nearby area. It was not a crowded place. I could see couples taking a walk. It had started getting dark and I knew mom might be extremely worried so I called her up.

"Elina.. Baby where are you. I should have not taken you to the councillor. I'm sorry."

"Mom.. You didn't take a bad decision. I feel better. There were many things that I needed to share but I had no one to share with. These years I know how I was able to keep it in me."

Flashback.

When Vitan dumped me, it was strange I didn't cry nor did i fight with him. I kinda felt good and I felt relieved that I did not had to marry him. But still my heart was crushed and stabbed badly. Diana was like my own sister. I loved her so much.

Everything came back in my mind. She used to help Vitan to arrange surprises for my birthday and our anniversary. She was so happy seeing us together. For me she was family. I did not have the guts to call her back and ask her the reason of doing this because after Vitan dumped me he had forgotten to disconnect the call. I heard their conversation.

"So finally.. We do not have this thing between us."

I heard Diana's voice.

"I don't like this Diana. If I had to tell this to her someday then why did you stop me from telling her when we had started together."

"We were not sure about anything baby. I didn't know that we would work out so nicely. And now since we have decided to get married, I don't want to see her around you"

"I don't know why but I feel bad. She will think that she did the worst mistake trusting me."

"Oh shut up honey."

I couldn't take it further. I disconnected the call. It was her. She did all this. I hate her the most in this world.

"Baby please come back home."

"Mom I want some air.. I won't harm myself. Don't worry. I just want some time for myself. I will be there tomorrow morning"

"Baby. Atleast tell me where are you?"

"I don't know. I drove to some place I don't know but I'll be back by morning I promise."

"Be safe honey."

"Yes mom. Bye I love you."

I decided to get some drinks for myself. Maybe getting drunk was the only way out for me.

I walked into the bar that was on the same street that I was driving. Since it was just the start of the evening, people had started walking in. The dance floor had only few drunk people dancing. I walked to the bartender and ordered myself a shot of gin. He gave me a weird look and continued preparing the shot for me. After three shots I felt my head spinning. The alcohol had started affecting my brain.

"One more shot please!"

I ordered the bartender.

"Its always said to go slow with the alcohol.!"

I saw Vitan standing next to me with a peg of whiskey in his hand.

"Are you getting drunk alone"

"Yeah. When you have only two people in your life and when the same people backstab you and leave you in a miserable condition. When things stay in your mind and you have no one to share it with and finally you end up going to the councillor or psychiatrist."

"El.."

"Don't call me that"

"Elina.. I can explain"

"Elina.. Baby how are you. I missed you so much"

Diana interrupted us and hugged me. I knew she did not want me to know the main culprit of all this.

"Don't even try to pretend honey. That day when Vitan last called me. He forgot to disconnect the call."

She got my message and she started walking towards her table.

"Come back soon baby"

She told Vitan.

"Go join her."

"You are drunk"

"And that is none of your fucking buisness."

"Elina. Let me drop you home. Please. I can't leave you alone. In this state."

"Thank you for your concern Mr. But I am here to take care of the girl"

I turned to see a guy standing beside me.

Zack..!!

"I can be a good company for you beautiful."

Zack told me with a wink. His presence vanished all the sorrow.

"Hey..! What are you doing here?"

"We can discuss that at home"

"Who is he Elina?"

Vitan looked jealous. What was this jealousy for. His obsession?

"Someone who will never in his life backstab a girl with a beautiful soul like her."

He snapped those sarcastic words on Vitan's face.

Everything he said about me felt so comforting.

Vitan felt irritated and walked to his table where Diana and Vitan both sat staring at us.

"So what would you like to have. I see you had enough gin. What about some beer?"

"I know you don't want me to get drunk. That's the reason you want me to have a lighter drink"

"Ofcourse I want you to get drunk but not so drunk that you pass out. Stay high and enjoy.!"

***********************************

Hello cutie pies.

I will be updating this book more frequently. There is something that I am super excited to publish in this book.

Since I am a strong believer of Soul mates. This book has my maximum attention.

So please guys help me get more innovative and better by voting for my chapters. I love to read your comments. Please do comment down below and tell me what you think about this chapter.

I want to know your assumptions. And this chapter is for @T_licious10 for being a sweetheart and voting for all my chapters.

Loads of love - Karishma Yadav 😘💕