Chapter 2 - The games have nothing to do with this...

(Lucy's POV)

Fairy Tail made it into the games! Great!

Except......we came in eight place in the qualification round, just barely getting us in. Do we really have a chance to win? Maybe....

I sighed and closed my book. I looked around at my team; Natsu, Erza, Elfman, and Gray. And Fairy Tail B team, Mirajane, Gajeel, Juvia, Laxus, and Mystogan. (Who was really Jellal in disguise, tee-hee!) We we're all ready to fight for the name of Fairy Tail! (Even if we had to have two teams to do it...)

(Quick A/N, if you haven't finished the Grand Magic Games arc, this story may be a bit confusing. Just saying :P.)

The pumpkin guy, (honestly, I don't understand him) was standing in the middle of the arena, announcing the first game. He explained how it was called Hidden, and Gray immediately volunteered.

"I can do this!" He insisted.

I could already hear Juvia screaming that since Gray was going to be in, she wanted in. I nodded several times. Juvia and Gray were powerful opponents, we could win this!

Natsu smiled at me. "What are you nodding at?"

"Oh, nothing, just thinking." I blushed, noting Natsu's warm smile.

Suddenly, an extremely annoying voice cut through the moment.

"Natsuuuuuuuu~!"

Lisanna ran up to Natsu's side, and said "Are you going to be in this game? I came to wish you luck!"

"Uh, no, Gray is going to be in this one." Natsu stuttered.

Lisanna made a pouting face. "Well, be sure to tell me when you're going in, okay? I want to knowww~"

"Okay, okay." Natsu said and stalked off.

I've never seen Natsu act like that before. Odd. I looked at Lisanna, and noticed she was glaring at me. I raised and eyebrow and said "Um, Lisanna, is something wrong?"

"Oh, nothing...." Lisanna walked away, muttering something to herself. She joined the rest of the guild and sat next to Mira.

The pumpkin guy announced the game was about to begin. I wished Gray luck, and he waved goodbye before taking off onto the field. The rest of the contestants gathered there too. The guild yelled "You can do this Gray!" "Show no mercy!"

I chuckled to myself, and stood next to Natsu, who was leaning on the railing with a lost look on his face. Something was up. "Natsu, is Lisanna bothering you?"

He looked up at me with a startled look, but said nothing. Then the pumpkin guy said "Hidden shall now begin-kabo!"

A town appeared in the middle of the arena. Gray, Juvia, and the others were scattered, and the clones were created.

"How much magic is being used for this thing?" I yelled to myself.

~

"That Raven Tail..." Erza muttered to herself.

I saw it too. It seemed like the Raven Tail contestant, Nalpudding, was only going after Fairy Tail contestants. This tournament just gets weirder and weirder. And the guy from Sabertooth was nothing to laugh at, either. No one had caught him yet. But more importantly...

We're losing!

Gray has negative 2 points, while Juvie has negative 1 points! How did this happen?!

I hung my head in depression. Natsu laughed and said "There are still six days left, there's nothing to be sad about!"

"Yet..." I muttered to myself.